I can not figure out why my system is locking up with games.

So here's what's happening, during game play (and only game play), the screen freezes and the sound stuters like a bad record. I've already downloaded the drivers for both my CPU and video card, and I've flashed the new bios for both. I have tried to set the affinity for games to only CPU 0, this seemed to help for a little while but Is there anything I can do as far as setting the affinity for games that don't allow me to access the affinity screen, like WoW. Please if you know of a solution, I work best with step by step instructions and I would most appreciate it.

No there's no overclocking done, and my temp sensor for the cooling system stays below the set 40 degrees. The GPU temp read-out on nvidia's interface says that it's running at 89 degrees and the threshold is 115.

Sounds like your videocard might be crapping out on you.. Ironic though, as videocards shoudl be able to sustain that heat. have you tried doing 3dmark05 and real world tests? check your ram configurations in your bios.

No there's no overclocking done, and my temp sensor for the cooling system stays below the set 40 degrees. The GPU temp read-out on nvidia's interface says that it's running at 89 degrees and the threshold is 115.

Those temps on the nvidia card are not ok. My 7800gtx is OCed and does not go that high on reference cooler and my ambient temp is 80F. Try improving the case irrigation to blow that heat out of the case. What are your case temps?

I'm running the onboard karajan sound. I'll try putting some more fans in the case to pull some of the heat, and I'll check the water system to make sure that it's running correctly. I may just try to drop in my x700 and see if it runs. As of right now I can't even finish a 3dmark5 test without it freezing up.

I know you say it is not OCed, but it sounds like an OC issue with the memory, and the timings.

Does your PSU have a 24 pin connector?

The only time I get the freezes is when the system is OCed to high or the memory timings need tweaking.

Have you posted your problem over on the Corsair board? Link

I did figure out the problem. The water cool system was not cooling the GPU well enough during game play. I replaced the original sink and fan on the card and the problems were alleviated. I would like to thank everyone who gave the gracious suggestions. This will make me think twice about useing a water cool system on my GPU. Thanks again everyone.

I see it before on a video card, if you take the heatsink and fan off, I bet there is no thermal grease applied to it. Unless your home or where ever the computer is the temps are out of control hot. Anyway, just thought I would share that. There is a post on here about where the person had around the same temps you are having and when he took apart the card, there was NO thermal grease and this was with a BFG, which is very out of the ordinary, but I guess it happens.

Ok, so I see this after the fact, lol.

there is a evga 7800gt with a borked bios, borked being that its clocked way to high, higher then advertised

i ordered 2 and they were clocked at 470/1200 which both cards cannot handle. this is a known issue with the evga 7800gt, check your clocks, and if they are both 2d and 3d at 470/1200 then you should flash your card with the newer bios.

~BBA