Bulding A New Computer.....

TDUBB

True 512 mb of Ram is enough now, but you said you want a fast, powerful machine right? I'm just think about the future for you thats all. For anybody 512 is the lowest I would recommed people for ram, and 1 gb is what I would recommend for people that want a really fast system.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, go for 1 gig. You may not see it depending on what your idea of normal use is, but if you've ever done anything in photoshop/premiere, you will want the ram. Now, 8 gigs, that just might be a little bit overkill, but hey if you can afford it whatever.

Not for a nice Dual opt-setup like that...

But twin 512 sticks are always nice...

little hard to find that ram. 2gb each pc2700, ecc, buffered, registered... but not that expensive.

True 512 mb of Ram is enough now, but you said you want a fast, powerful machine right?  I'm just think about the future for you thats all.  For anybody 512 is the lowest I would recommed people for ram, and 1 gb is what I would recommend for people that want a really fast system.

LobbDogg: I see what ur saying, my current RAM is 128MB, so 512MB is ALOT to me, but probabley not to others.

bigred: 1 gig of RAM it is!!! :)

I'm willing to spend $500 on a 1GIG DDR OCZ-PC-4000 Gold Edition. As long as i don't go over a total of $3000 on my budget. It's cool.

Edited by TDUBB

Hard Drive: Two 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptors (Raided! Waiting for the 80GB Raptor to come out)

CD Burner: The Plextor Premium 52/32/52

DVD Burner: Sony DRU-510A

Floppy Drive: standard floppy drive

DVD-ROM drive: Lite-On XJ-HD166S

did anyone else noticed he'll have two dvdroms?

personally, i don't think you'll need that at all...with three cd/dvd roms and two hdd's, you're gonna have to be running one of those off of an ide controller card. you said you wanted speed and power...and ide controller cards (in theory are good) but i don't think perform as well as they say they do. and besides, it's just not really needed to have both dvdroms.

in case you hadnt noticed, the hdd's he said he wanted are sata, which means he'll have lots of room on the built in IDE channels. a controller card wouldnt be necessary

*btw, 2 dvd-roms isnt necessary, but if you do alot of watching dvds, wouldnt you rather wear out a cheap dvd rom then an expensive dvd-rw?