DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of afraid to ask this question thinking it might be deleted !!!!

Going back to my post you closed, I stated that i cannot enable sli

2 BFG 7800GTX's work on SLI-DR board now putting these cards in the expert board it loads the drivers twice but sli cannot be enabled.

So some questions if i may ask

Which drivers are you using Nforce4 and Forceware drivers

also in the bios i have SLI Broadcast Enabled

PCI eXpress configuration 2-1-1-16 enabled if i choose 8-4-NC-8 i goes to the boot screen and just sits there will not go into windows

Dual NV Chip Card Support is disabled

I replace the SLI Bridge and that did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions ????????

Kind of afraid to ask this question thinking it might be deleted !!!!

Going back to my post you closed, I stated that i cannot enable sli

2 BFG 7800GTX's work on SLI-DR board now putting these cards in the expert board it loads the drivers twice but sli cannot be enabled.

So some questions if i may ask

Which drivers are you using Nforce4 and Forceware drivers

also in the bios i have SLI Broadcast Enabled

PCI eXpress configuration 2-1-1-16 enabled if i choose 8-4-NC-8 i goes to the boot screen and just sits there will not go into windows

Dual NV Chip Card Support is disabled

I replace the SLI Bridge and that did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions ????????

81.85 WHQL Certified Nvidia gpu drivers

8-4-NC-8 is the PCI-E config, works just fine for me, both 6600GT's are clocked to 568/1070

SLI Fixed !!!!!!! I went into the bios enabled 8-4-NC-8, I had to enable Dual NV Chip Card Support 1st (Actually mine says says enable dual 6600GT support so my bios is wrong) My other Expert Shows Dual NV Chip Card Support in the bios Once i enabled that i plugged in the dvi on the bottom card booted into windows new hardware found and then i enabled SLI without any problems

81.89 benchy's

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/7341/marks03thumb4kw.jpg

and those who might want one, can ask questions.

I have a question about power supply and the Lanparty NF4 Expert.

I read on one site that an EPS12V power supply is required for this board and the Crossfire:

- Monday, October 03, 2005 at 12:26

EPS Power Supply Units are Required for DFI LANPARTY NF4 SLI-DR Expert and DFI LANPARTY UT RDX200 CF-DR motherboards.

EPS12V PSU's have a native 8-pin auxiliary power connector in place of the standard 4-pin P4 connector.

DFI have stated that the new revision SLI-DR and upcoming RDX200 CF-DR (and consequent crossfire boards) will have the 8-pin instead of 4-pin connector.

While it is possible to run these boards using a convertor, it will place additional strain on non-eps PSU's and the end-user will take responsibility for any damages.

EPS12V Power Supply Units Available at Nintek :

OCZ Powerstream 520W

Antec TruePower 2.0 550W EPS12V

Silverstone ST65ZF

Silverstone ST60F

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/nin_new...y.asp?NewsID=78

Is the above true, or is this online store just trying to sell EPS12V power supplies?

I'm going to build a new system - I'd like it to be based on the Lanparty NF4 Expert - and I have an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W (non-EPS12V) power supply. Since it's the only brand new component I have, I'd like to be able to use it.

Philly

P.S. I'm new and I'm writing from an ancient computer I rebuilt from parts after my other pretty old computer died, so I hope you'll forgive the lack of a sig listing my hardware. (You'd laugh if you knew)

Ok I have a few ?'s.

1st off, The bios.

Anythign at all noticeable that's diffrent, not meaning the sli thing.

I'm really just talking about settings.

Or...

Could someone dump there bios off the board and up it somewhere :) ?

That would fill me on my settings ? and more ;).

My 2nd ?.

Are temps somewhat noticebly diffrent from the older boards?

I'm just wondering if the better power and or layout helps a bit in avg temps in any location.

I know from switching cases recently, that temps can get much better overall from small changes.

Even the material used for the case can make a decent diffrence.

I'm interrested in what both max fsb and max cpu speed are on this board :).

YUP!

The boards use an 8pin CPU power connector that require 12V from two different rails.

The EPS spec originated from an Intel initiative due to their CPU's extreme power requirements.

See here...

http://ssiforum.org/specifications.aspx

It looks like DFI decided this would eliminate the early PSU problems that the nF4 boards encountered with vastly overrated power supplies not delivering enough current.

I read on one site that an EPS12V power supply is required for this board and the Crossfire:

Is the above true, or is this online store just trying to sell EPS12V power supplies?