unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like core0 is not 3.0G stable at any voltage. Core1 has no issue with 3.0G.

Core0 seems most stable between 1.48V-1.50V. It will run prime95 upto 5min. Any voltage outside this range will cause core0 to error out within 1-2min.

cjoe

I just got an Opteron 165 and have been playing around with overclocking. It seems I can only get 2.6ghz or higher to boot up at 1.65v+. This was before I found this forum and noticed people usually not going past 1.5v... I immediately dropped the volts back down to 2.475ghz @ 1.45v & 5/6 divider.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

I just got an Opteron 165 and have been playing around with overclocking. It seems I can only get 2.6ghz or higher to boot up at 1.65v+. This was before I found this forum and noticed people usually not going past 1.5v... I immediately dropped the volts back down to 2.475ghz @ 1.45v & 5/6 divider.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

Well, first I suggest you make a sig where you have your hardware specs viewable for anyone that might wanna help out ;)

But I can tell you if you pumped 1.65volts in a 165'er on aircooling you are quite lucky you still have a working chip.

Think it could be damaged? Or is it pretty much it works or it doesn't...

Mmmm...

What to do: Setup your Opty and rest of your system to stock values, and then run all the tests you can, Prime, Memtests etc etc. Play games and just make sure your system is 100% stable at stock. If it is stable well your lucky this time and if you want to try some modest oc'ing again well go ahead. If your system fails basic tests and is not stable then you know what the answer is, sorry mate it is knackered... As far as OC'ing is concerned the maximum I will take my own system components to is plus 10% over stock and then only if it runs cool.

Good luck IMK

Like he said, and follow this guide to help you along much better....

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...167&postcount=3

watch your temps as you increase your Vcore, if you have the latest boxed cpu then you must have the latest stock HS, which is better than the older ones. Here is a guide to test stability with two instances of prime...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ight=dual+prime

Hi Guys,

I've been running my Opty 165 @ 2.7 (9x300) for about a month now and I had prime to fail at 1.5V so i upped it to 1.55V and the HTT to 1.3V. Now it is rock solid and my temps are:

Idle:

CPU: 25C

PWR IC: 41C

Chipset: 42C

Unred Load:

CPU: 48/49C

PWR IC: 58/59C

Chipset: 51/52C

It has been kinda hot lately, ambient temperature is around 77-79 degrees.

Are these temps ok to run? I am runnign this machine 24/7 but under load around

25% of the time.

Also I would like to know if you believe that my PS will hold up to my config or should I UP it.