CF-DR Issues

So, I haven't been able to make any progress with this board whatsoever. Here's my previous post from the other big CF-DR thread.

"So here's my problem. Im lucky if it posts at all after saving a bios setting.

The only way It will boot is to save the setting, wait 5 seconds, manually power off the machine, and then power it on. The settings do save, but the performance is absolutly terrible. There seems to be a wall about 225mhz HTT. That sounds like its not properly locking the pci, but i know that to be untrue via cpu-z.

The only component I haven't switched is the PSU, which i suspect to be the problem. I didn't have another one available with me to test this unfortunatly. This ModStream is a 4 pinner, not 8. Although i was under the impression this isn't a necessity, I'd like to know your guys' thoughts on this.

I'm quite methodical in my setups, so i really don't think its something i'm doing, but you never know.

I'll update as i try a new PSU which i'll have to go buy as all the ones i've got access to are 4 pins. Rather unfortunate that i'm brought to that just to get this board working. But i'll save the disapointment in lieu of constructive problem solving at this point."

I've now tried 3 different power supplys, two of them 8pin. This board will NOT boot if i try to save settings in the bios. stock or otherwise, even right after clearing the cmos and just saving after first boot.

I really wanted the problem to be power supply related, but i just can't see that it is.

Any ideas, or do i need to return it to newegg/rma it?

-butter

I've noticed that my board occasionaly hangs after a BIOS change. But last few times It's shut down, reset and rebooted without incident.

Is this happeneing no matter what RAM and what slots your in? I had issues with my BH-5 in Slots 1/3. Once I moved them over to 2/4 the system became much more stable.

Problems I had HERE

Once I was up it was still not solid until I changed LDT to 3X...You might try changing only that upon first reboot after optimized defaults then go back in and see if you can make changes with any luck... :confused: Something to try ;)

As for mine she's all boxed up and waiting for UPS to take her back to NewEgg with another on order...

Oldguy, yeah i read your post, very thorough and it quite mirrors my experience. But yes, unfortunatly i HAVE tried the 3x LDT, it didn't make any difference. Its very frustrating to see a computer boot, but knowing its got issues and not being able to put your finger on it.

If the system speaker wasn't dead on mine I'd still be messin' with it...Hopefully that was an indicator that the board just wasn't assembled proper and the new one won't display similar and very frustrating characteristics... I hope I hope. And I hope you get yours figured out...and soon ;)

Speaker seems operational on mine. but then again, i don't ever remember hearing it. I'll check when i get home. My case doesn't have a speaker, but i assume you're referring to the onboard buzzer thingy

Yup...never heard a peep beep or buzz.

I've noticed that my board occasionaly hangs after a BIOS change. But last few times It's shut down, reset and rebooted without incident.

Is this happeneing no matter what RAM and what slots your in? I had issues with my BH-5 in Slots 1/3. Once I moved them over to 2/4 the system became much more stable.

It's interesting that the manual doesn't list 2/4 as a valid combination for either dc or sc operation. I'm having huge problem running my ram to spec so I may have to try the 2/4 approach.