A Step Foward

smeghead009

Ladies & Gentlemen may i have your attention please, This is my first post using DSL, I just finished Downloading the Midnight club 2 demo and my speed topped out at 83.0Kbps.

also are there any good sites for tweaking DSL for better speeds, and is it better to hook up your modem through USB or ethernet ?

thats nice...

how much is it for a month and what company do u get it through?

BTW i am hooked up to a T3 line in my dorm during the school year and the line is only shared with 600 kids, :D

and it is FREE because the school is 100% government funded :D

Getting speeds of 83.0kbps usually means it is connected by ethernet lol.

He was answering smegs question of whether to hook it up through USB or RJ45. You aren't actually hooked up through Ethernet to the Internet because Ethernet is a LAN protocol.

I find it better to hook up through ethernet. I still don't trust USB for data communication and the fact that the DSL modem drivers for USB can be iffy at times. My good ole cable modem is on RJ45 and running stable at max 800 KBps down (6.4Mbps)

USB works fine for just one computer using internet, but once you try to share the connection you really wish you were using rj-45. I remember lanning at a friends house and spending the whole night tweaking internet, first to get it to work then to not suck. We never were really that succesful.

USB works fine for just one computer using internet, but once you try to share the connection you really wish you were using rj-45. I remember lanning at a friends house and spending the whole night tweaking internet, first to get it to work then to not suck. We never were really that succesful.

i know that feeling...i have had it happen to me and my fiends too, and usb is capable of around 10-15mbs.....in which not even cable is that fast.....how much does a t1 line cost?

i know that feeling...i have had it happen to me and my fiends too, and usb is capable of around 10-15mbs.....in which not even cable is that fast.....how much does a t1 line cost?

Depends how much bandwidth you get. You can get fractional T1's that are around $300. Full blown T1 will cost about $600-$800 a month.