Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Guest laydback

Heh, I think I got the last 146 from eWiz, cause I checked the site a couple hours after mine shipped and they pulled the listing. Hopefully I dont get a CABGE. Funny, im just starting to hit the turning point in my burn in of my current CPU, broke the 8k mark on mem benchmarks, still can't get under 31s in SuperPI though. Is that dependant on cpu clock speed?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I haven't made it to this forum in a long time, so I thought I'd post my Opty results just to contribute some data. My sig is fully updated and is 24hr Prime95 stable. The proc can handle SuperPi 1M up to 2.9ghz and can actually post into Windows at 3.1ghz. All on air as you can see in sig. Again, just wanted to throw some more data out there. Wish I had water for this puppy. :)

Nice work wadec22. Those temps are killing you! I know that chip has more left in it. If you're happy with it, cool, no worries; if not you should definitely think about popping the IHS off! I bet that will drop your load temps 10C -15 C! Thanks for the results, and keep us posted...

Woah my opteron runs hot, I'm talking about 55-57 load temps as it is, and if i up the voltage from my current setting (1.49v) to 1.57v i can post at 2.95ghz but the temps are just too much. Do these really run this hot or is it the IHS which is just plain crap? My old venice 3000+ ran at 44C load @ 1.6v ffs :/

If i was to pop the IHS do you think i'd get a decent tempdrop? And is it safe to mount a zalman 9500 on a naked opty? Might even pop the ihs, put some decent thermalpaste in between and put it back since these temps are just insane.

And no it aint about airflow or anything, as i said my old cpu ran at any voltage without ever going over 50, i got 4x 120mm, 2x 92mm and my psu pushing air through my thermaltake armor :/

Nice work wadec22. Those temps are killing you! I know that chip has more left in it. If you're happy with it, cool, no worries; if not you should definitely think about popping the IHS off! I bet that will drop your load temps 10C -15 C! Thanks for the results, and keep us posted...

Sounds tempting but I think I'm too chicken s***. :)

the guy from belguim is selling these

144 CABNE 0540 APMW

are these a good stepping? im not looking for 3ghz either 2.4 or 2.7 and i want it for the cache mostly

awesome thnx, it seems the guy i bought my 3000 from is a deadbeat and isnt gonna ship it so when i get my refund i'm ordering one