Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe :)

I've got the tracking number on my 146 but it was shipped via USPS Priority and of course that means I usually get the tracking information around 3 days after it arrives. :rolleyes:

Shipped on Thursday from www.tankguys.com (Clinton, MI) so it could be in Chicago on Saturday afternoon. Please, please, please, please.

Always excited about a new processor and praying that it performs.

I just tested my Vcore with a digital multimeter at this location on my motherboard. I was very surprised to find that CPUZ/MBM are underreporting my Vcore by .11V! I find this highly illuminating - my 175 gets crashy/freezy when I am at a software Vcore of 1.59V, however this is likely closer to 1.7V, which should cause it problems! Glad I didn't push it any further. I am priming right now, but I will update this post later this evening/tomorrow with BIOS VID setting and Vcore. I have used this hack to calibrate MBM to reflect more accurate values.

I wonder if this extreme underreporting is endemic to DC Opterons, or is isolated to my configuration. Has anyone else (dual or single) checked their boards?

I wonder if this extreme underreporting is endemic to DC Opterons, or is isolated to my configuration. Has anyone else (dual or single) checked their boards?

I did and so did many others.

The sensors are always off and in the NF4 boards usually too low. I always get 0.07 less reported than what I get.

On the other hand what I get is what I told the board to do in the BIOS so that's good.

I just tested my Vcore with a digital multimeter at this location on my motherboard. I was very surprised to find that CPUZ/MBM are underreporting my Vcore by .11V! I find this highly illuminating - my 175 gets crashy/freezy when I am at a software Vcore of 1.59V, however this is likely closer to 1.7V, which should cause it problems! Glad I didn't push it any further. I am priming right now, but I will update this post later this evening/tomorrow with BIOS VID setting and Vcore. I have used this hack to calibrate MBM to reflect more accurate values.

holy ....................can you show us how you checked that again.....where do you put the points exactly

i'm also definately picking up an UPS now....had a blackout last night....first time i can remember for 30 seconds...wouldn't want to kill any of my .......it will probably help stabilise voltages too

i always knew and warned people the dfi gives more more volts than cpu-z or smartguardian tells you and one learnt the hard way killing his chip.

ive always gone by the volts you set in the bios for a idea and thought they was only out by about 0.06 but 0.11 is just insane.

could you test it on stock volts aswell ix to see if thats out by the same volts?

I got my 148 CABNE 0528 today. I had to dismount My FX-57 to start testing it. I'm

working up slowly and trying not to rush. That's awfull difficult. I'm looking real hard at Phase Change and I do wonder if the chip would do better that way. I know some of the guys get carried away and put wat too much Vcore on their chips.

Well I'm going to set this up for 8 hours of exercise and the go get some sleep. I'll get back on it first thing in the morning. I'd like to get 3.0 by noon tomorrow. It's feeling nice and loose now. I'm tepted to take a big jump, but when I did that on the 150 I ended up having to run an 8 hour CMOS clear and go through a long walk back to my 2.9 GHz.

It really blew my mind when my FX-57 got here and it was CABNE 0528PGMW. IT isn't as loose as the Opteron though.

Well, I got to set up for the night.

Thanks for the links ... this is one area I have yet to calibrate - all other MBM5 voltage settings have already been done so.

Will look into this and then post back results...this is worth checking esp. if it is +0.11 difference.

while you guys are testing can you let us know Vcore and multiplier?

And then maybe measure with a similar voltage instead of using the multiplier.

I've always wondered how accurate that multiplier is.

I decided to take my 148 (see signature) for a little more spin.

Always did 2.9 GHz on stock volts (1.4 V). Now I found it does 3.01 at 1.5 V and 3.08 at 1.55 volts.

Also drives my Geil One TCCD at 345 MHz dual-channel, which is very unusual for a 1024 KB cache CPU.

soundx98, I use a x9 multiplier on the CPU for the setup with both CPU and RAM higher - LDT at 342, CPU at x9, RAM 1:1.

My RAM only does 345 when the CPU is x8, have to take it back to 342 :eek: when the CPU is at its limit. My life is ruined :(

Thanks Martin but I should have been asking for CPU VID multiplier.

ie, 104%, 110%, 133%, 126%, etc.

or voltage readings at 1.5 vs 1.2x126%

trying to understand if the voltage error is different using the VID multiplier.

(long day at work, hope I don't sound more brain dead than usual)

"ix" is right on target with the measuring and using Autchthon's calibration post.

links to EMC2's voltage test points are also in Post #2 of the MBM5 guide if ya care

these ARE really small voltages and the meter itself make have some error depending on quality.