Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey blazin asian i think my stepping is week cabye 542 fpmw or something i dont remember.. because i pop the lid of my cpu now i cant find it... i can hit over 3 ghz. i had to tweak mem timing to make sure its stable. if its not stable i would fail prime... leave the voltage at 1.55v and try messing with the ram timing. im using the 166 divider. and i boost my chipset voltage to 1.75v

man. i wish i got the CABYE/CABNE instead. my CAB2E would run 3 ghz with my 1 gb kit, but not with the 2gb. this stinks...

i even backed down to a 133 divider on 300x10 and still no dice. my HZ's were the ones that were 3-4-4-8. i hear the 3-5-5-x ones dont OC as well.

does ur ram pass memtest? at ddr500? try to test with occt if it passes with that.

my mem is good up to 275 MHz. ive tested the memory in dos and windows so i know its good. im sure its the memory controller of my CPU. maybe raising the chipset voltage will help. have u applied any AS5 to your chipset at all? ive been meaning to do it, but im too lazy to take the mb out again...

Your saying that you cant get the same overclock with the exact setup (minus the extra memory setup of 2gb)?

Is this different memory or just adding another stick of the same?

If different (but even same speed), have you tried switching to 2T (instead of 1T)?

That is bizzare...

wanna hear something funny?

usually when i prime test, i do blend testing and it fails within 1.5 hours

im at 273 x 11, 1:1 now and doing large FFT testing and still running after 5.5 hours.

does this mean im stable?? im getting excited. giggity giggity!

oh yea, did memtest in windows and passed 300% with no errors as well. i'll post a screenshot once im over 12 hours :)

300% isn't long enough. I'm working with some sticks now that consistently fail at 560%-570%. The other day I worked up some timings for a set that were failing at 1400%. I don't think I have had a set fail higher then that. I shut down Memtest for windows once it reaches 4000% with no errors. I wouldn't consider my system Prime stable unless it passed blend for 8-10 hours minimum.

my mem is good up to 275 MHz. ive tested the memory in dos and windows so i know its good. im sure its the memory controller of my CPU. maybe raising the chipset voltage will help. have u applied any AS5 to your chipset at all? ive been meaning to do it, but im too lazy to take the mb out again...

i applied as5 to my chipset.. try occt super pi 32m... i like using occt.. it helps you find errors quick.. dont give up youll hit 3ghz.. i was about to give up at 2.92ghz but luckily i kept trying.