Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

booted up today and noticed in black screen before windows with white text it has....

MEMORY CONTROLLER NA is this normal !??? what does NA stand for Not Activated!!!

Hopefully it's just the cold bug rearing its ugly head. You need loc.o or someone with phase to confirm this, though. If you're worried about death, you could always throw a (gasp) HS on and see if it works.

Good luck.

@ loc.o - you dirty dog! You beat me on the Teamgroup Extreem BH5 by 15 minutes! Congrats - hope it does great.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It boots into windows fine running 32dmark and super pi at 3300ghz, if it had the cold bug I doubt it could do that, haveing problems keeping stable in games the HTT is playing a part in that.

EDIT : lowered HTT to 2x its only crashing in dod source now with the datachace.dll error instead of a reboot.

im at 280HTT

So now it runs fine now after the blackscreen? Never seen that, mine wil just hang/bsod. 3300 is nice but i think its maxing at 300 because of low temp (assuming you ran 11x300). Could you run 310 or 320 on the 10 multi to try this? Can it be RAM?

I hope the mem wil do fine, but youve got the best already ;) cannot find them meself.

AMD® Opteron™ 146 (Socket 939) [bNBOX] E4 Revision Retail Box w/ Heatsink and Fan

- AMD to raise pricing on January 23, 2006 $68.00US

Not really a good news !!Get yours while cheaper!!

Is there a way to figure out the stepping on my Opteron? I know I looked at it when I first got it, but I actually built the computer much later and now I've forgotten.

My Opteron runs at 2.7 GHz (300x9) at 1.4 volts and I'm very happy with it. Temps are a little high, though (34/45) on my Zalman 9500 but that's because the Zalman 9500 is facing the wrong way and it's using the thermal grease that came with that cooler.

I know, I know. I'm not the one who installed the damn processor. Yell at him for being stupid.

So if I add the AS5 and turn the cooler the RIGHT direction, how much cooler will it get?

Also, I can only get my OCZ EL Platinum 3200 (2x1 GB, which is probably the problem) to 260 at 2.5-3-3-5. Increasing the CAS latency or any other timings does not help me get to 265-270 so I can run at a smaller memory divider, so I'm running 5/6 (245 MHz RAM frequency). Any suggestions? I haven't tried setting the RAM voltage any higher than 2.8. It's TCCD, should I try 2.9? I don't know... I'd love to run it at a smaller divider. I could try increasing the HTT to 310-315 to bring my RAM closer to its maximum but I don't want to increase voltage to my processor, as temps start approaching 50.

bruins01, I alsot have the Opty 165 and been abel to get it to 315x9 using 1.66 vcore. Watercooled too. Idles at 35-38 and under load at 50-55. Here is the stepping on the 165.

http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/opteron/de...pn=OSA165DAA6CD

You should have gotten a pc4000 ram for they overlcock higher but dont get me wrong yours are very good too, you just need to use a divider and loosen it up a bit to get close to your cpu's range.

I got my 146 from tankguys.

CAB2E 0546 FPAW Will throw it in the rig this weekend.

cheers !:!

I wish you the best of luck with that one. I got the exact same stepings from them. Mine so far has proven to be a medium range overclocker. It's priming right now at 2.7ghz for 12+ hours. It hits 2.8ghz no problem and is even super pi stable, but it won't prime for longer than an hour. I'm sure I could stablize it, but would require more vcore than I'm willing to throw at it. Right now I'm at 1.55vcore, 1.35 + special. Right now temps are at 42C Prime95 priority 10. 2.7ghz is an acceptable OC I think. Any time you can turn a 200 dollar cpu into a $800+ cpu is a good thing. But I think I may try to get a hold of another Opty 146.

is my Opteron ccbwe 0550upmw a good clocker? I just got it and i dont have the currage opening it til' I know if it is worth the money =/ Anybody knows what I should be able to get out of it?

johan

It might have great potential - especially if you pull off the IHS. What model is it (ie 165, 170...)?