Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Hey, did you guys hear about the FX-60 coming out sometime in January?

Dual core @ 2.6GHz stock. Knowing the FX line it should be 1mb L2 cache per core. Wouldn't it be awsome if some of those chips found their way to the Opteron line. Hey, a guy can dream can't he.......

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo the fx60 is a waste of space, for the price you may aswell just get a X2 4800, who ever buys one only does it because he either knows no better or he just wants to brag.

as for opterons, ive sold a few of mine now so not many results from me as my x2 @ 2.7ghz beats my opty @ 3ghz in everything and only cost me £120 :nod:

imo the fx60 is a waste of space, for the price you may aswell just get a X2 4800, who ever buys one only does it because he either knows no better or he just wants to brag.

as for opterons, ive sold a few of mine now so not many results from me as my x2 @ 2.7ghz beats my opty @ 3ghz in everything and only cost me £120 :nod:

Thats why you get a dual core opty... :)

Thats why you get a dual core opty... :)

i was going to but the 165 is £250 & 170 is £300 and not many places here have stock (i waited a fortnight for a 170) but then come across the x2 for £120 and not looked back :D

What are the temps you guys get with your opteron 146 - 148's I'm at 57 max load with 1.57 vcore in bios with my Big T which just takes the piss in my opinion as my X2 is max load of 45 at 1.65vcore with 2 cores I have reaplied the thermal paste twice now to no affect.

I'm useing Geil Thermal Paste I also have Akaska thermal Paste to which I have never used, I have'nt left it 100 hours to settle, tempted to buy a watercooling or phase what do you guys advise is phase a good long term investment?

No As5 :drool:

Where abouts did you get your opty?
:confused:

u a talkin' t me :) :shake:

Scan International 148 appeared in stock Wednesday. (& went :confused: ) but @ least i managed to snaffle 1.

Started out @2750 then

Having trouble running 1:1 > 255, 2750 = 250x11 is ok but even after adjusting read preamble & Max Asynch struggling 4 more.

Was getting fretful until I used the divider 9:10 (a 1st 4 my g-skill)

Happy now i got to 3k at a low vcore - Am pretty happy now there's a lot more i can do.