Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be my first dual-core Opteron.

On other forums we have seen better results from DC Opterons than from X2, but not enough people yet.

The problem here is that we still see only early versions of the DC Opterons, and CPU lines tend to get worse after the initial shipments. I wouldn't be surprised if the DC Opterons drop to X2 levels very soon.

In any case, I have a X2 which does 2.55 MHz which is already very nice.

Hey I just got a 146 that I'm trying to nail down at 3.0

it does 32m np but fails prime after a couple hours.

My temps are hitting 58C, does anyone have a link to the new max temp program, I have an old version and not sure if its reading it correctly.

jmvtec, I ordered a 170 from Mwave, and it seems at the same time as you did. You could wait until I test mine if you want to hold off opening it.

However, I ordered ground shipping and it will only be here next Wednesday and I won't be able to test it before Thursday.

Thanks Martin I'll check back for your results. I'm just going to keep it. There's no saying I'll get anything better which is only the 0530's as of now. Plus for the money an X2 can't touch these on air cooling. Hoping to get 2.6-2.7 stable 24/7. Thanks again.

i removed the IHS off the 146 CAB2E today and WOW does it make a difference :eek:

with IHS ......................... without IHS

10x300withihs7wa.th.gif 10x300withoutihs4eg.th.gif

temps were:

cpu - 35C idle & 51C load - pwmic 48C - gpu 31C

without the IHS on today & higher ambient

cpu - 33C idle & 38C load - pwmic 56C - gpu 40C

the paste under the IHS was naff, i had to use a stanley knife to get it off!!

at least i got 2 146's doing 3.1ghz stable now though and put a fan over the pwmic :nod: