Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Thanks loc.o .. still to try out a different MB combination, the mem is good for DDR600 with another setup, just need to work on this more... Nice paint stable OC too :D

tatts, that has certainly made a difference and worth the risk... has it allowed a drop in Vcore as well?

cheers

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never tried dropping the vcore as it wouldnt of been a fair test but will try lowering it.

im just gobsmacked that i lost 13C under load even with higher ambient & it was very easy to take off, i took a blade out of a razor, put it in were the gap is & sliced round it carefully twice to make sure it went through & pop, it was off in 2mins :D

one more thing, has anyone got a 148 CABNE 0528GPMW? ive just been offered one and wanted a rough idea of the clocks there hitting :D

ix, what volts are you using for 3.1ghz & have you tried higher?

tatts, I got the chip you talking about. No time to play with that these 2 days. Now I only reached either 275x11=3025MHz or 300x10=3000MHz SuperPi stable & actually I did lowered the vcore to startup x 110% which is less than 1.5V, still looks OK & my temp. now when loaded around 50c so not that hot now. And the AMD64MaxTemp is 65c. My goal is 3.2GHz at least. Since now I am just using Ballistix PC4000 2GB to test this. Next week I should receive my Geil One TCCD, then I think will be lot easier to do > 3.2GHz.

Anyways, if you have some money sitting around, go for it. But if you don't take it please let me know I'll buy from you to build another one. I have the CoolerMaster AMMO sitting in the basement doing nothing yet. And you know Christmas time is coming, my wife won't complain if suddenly there is another PC sitting under my desk right?

@seanohue, what's your Ballistix settings? I kept thinking I can adjust my genie setting better, could you provide yours to me? Thanks.

cheers guys :D

will give it a try, i only want 3ghz stable which is np but i want a chip which will bench past 3.2ghz for when i get the sli up & running

newguy, the person im getting it off as a couple of them for sale @ $250USD + $38USD shipping worldwide so will pass on the details if you want one?

How low temps is it likley my 146 CABYE 0540 GPMW can handle before cold bug?`( DFI lanparty NF4 SLI-DR is used)

Will the cold bug dissapear with a "expert lanparty?"

Getting a MACH II so im curious.

Finally after reading the overclocking guide, I managed to overclock a little bit. For some reason the voltage was set accidentally to 1.73 :eek2: Luckily I caught it before it fully booted to Windows. But I'm going to have to run some test on the cpu later to see if it's still ok. Any suggestion would be great , this is the limit to my knowledge. What should I do with the Ram , it seem no matter how I change things in dram it just won't boot if I change any else beside the dram ratio.

edit-pic of cpuz and smartguardian won't upload for some reason

How low temps is it likley my 146 CABYE 0540 GPMW can handle before cold bug?`( DFI lanparty NF4 SLI-DR is used)

Will the cold bug dissapear with a "expert lanparty?"

Getting a MACH II so im curious.

I have a 146 FPMW. At -25 in bios with mach II i can use 330HTT. Not a mhz more regardless timings/volts. At -8 bios it will do 353HTT which seems to be max chip wil do. If yours has the so called coldbug (only 1 way to find and out thats trying, not al have it) youll have to find out how it does at various temps.

CPU's on expert stil have it although thoughts were it could be avoided on this board due to more drive strength options in bios (as its a mem controller related issue). From what ive seen until now chips that had it on another board stil suffer from it, nice try though.

Good luck, even with little coldbug its a killer chip on phase.

New Opty 144 stepping - CABNE 0544 EPMW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any results for this stepping?

It's a CABNE but the week and letters are relatively unknown.