nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

I'm building a new system and here's what I've chosen.

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

Opteron 175

I'm hoping to hit 3GHz o/c'd and most likely water cooling. I don't know which type of memory to get. I'm looking for 2x1GB sticks. Please help. :confused:

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharp, i understand that you are the man in terms of ram advice and as such I would very much appreciate your counsel.

My sig should tell you what i currently run but I plan, in the new year, to upgrade to the PCI-e era. My current gig of ram runs at 3-3-3-8 and won't stretch beyond 203mhz. My overclocking is stumped at about 2.55Ghz. I want to replace that ram with 2x1gb of better and faster ram, but i want it to be compatable with my upgrade next year which will be to an Athlon64 rig. I live in the UK like you and want to spend no more than £150 on it (though I will spend more if that is where the value lies).

I would very much appreciate your advice on what to get and where to get it.

Thanks,

Uncle

Sharp,

They do look very good indeed, but I can only see 2x512 sets, not 2x1gig sets. I know they will probably cost a little more than my planned budget, but i'd appreciate it if you could suggest and point out a 2x1gig set. (unless there is one on that link that I missed in which case i apologise).

Thanks,

Uncle

I was going to but there have been some users reporting their BallistiX going bad.

And it is not ~£150 :)

But out of all the 2x1GB kits that is the one I would go for.

Should it go bad, well that is a pain but it does have a life time warranty.

Hi there, very nice guide indeed!!!!! I have gone through this whole thread and very nearly purchased a set of OCZ 2 x 1024. Could you please recommend a pair of pc4000 2x1GB kit? If the platinums that anandtech reviewed were not out of stock I would have gotten them. Would it be safe for me to purchase a pair but not in a kit? I got bit of spending money so I want to upgrade my memory to 2 GB.