New Computer

Im planning on rebuilding a computer from the ground up and wanted some opinions. Please do not rant i just want an honest opinions!@!

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-RX80L256V Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

COOLMAX CX-550B ATX 550W Power Supply

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 550 (PC 4400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A

Antec Performance I P180 Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Total system with out monitor, keyboard or mouse.

You may also want to try some different ram...some people are able to get corsair to work fine, but I've read way too many posts with people having troubles with corsair. If you're set on corsair, here's hoping you're one of the lucky ones.

Also, I'd suggest Hitachi over WD unless you're getting the Raptor. They're cheaper and the consensus is that they're better as well. I know mine works beautifully.

Dynomutt - are you saying the system will not work? now im really worried!!! haha thanx for the link i will def look into another PSU

rldolph79 - i got the ram in a cpu /ram combo from new egg. kinda weird that it wont work but if it dosent i guess ill have to RMA it or exchange it. As for the HD i got it for 83 bucks at newegg also :-) i fig for the price i was good

I have made the buy last night and i hope with the prob with the mem and PSU work out for me. wish me luck guys!

Why would you get an nvidia nforce 4 motherboard and get an ATI video card? It will work, but youre spending hard earned cash to get an SLI enabled motherboard, and ATI doesnt do that at all, especially on an nvidia chipset. Change that to a 6800GT or 7800GT and a diff PSU and RAM. I can say that I am one of the people that had problems with corsair ram. Trust me, its a pain in the butt.

I have that case and the only problem I have with it is that its just a wee bit tight on the bottom where the cables from the psu come up from the bottom compartment. Also, be careful with the side panel, I broke two of the little plastic L shaped holders on the bottom because I got pissed off :sad:

well when i talked to a few people who are more indepth with DFI / nvidia / ati i was advised that a. it was i if i remember 6 bucks more for SLI b. the nvidia 6800gt was more $$ then a x800xl and the ati card was almost as fast. and yes i know i cannot use SLI with an Ati card. I guess if i have issues with mobo / memory ( and from what i NOW have read i prob will ) i will have to exchange the mobo / memory because it was a combo on neweggs site.

If you are not goin for SLI , buy the Ultra D it's a bit cheaper.

Same Board and can be modded to Sli when needed.

Not exactly sure which revision it was done to but

From what I have read here they made it harder by appplying an epoxy on the areas to mod the board plus some new drivers from nVidia are going to stop it also.

I have an ABO which is the last revision to date.

Anyone else agree ?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?