New Computer

BTW...you're going to want to make yourself a sig soon. Even if you aren't completely sure which pieces you'll end up with, you risk having your posts deleted if you don't have one. So just put one up with what you have now, and list what you're planning on getting later if you can...

i am 99% sure thats not true. drivers have nothign to do with it. its a hard mod so drivers cant tell. corect me if i'm wrong......

I knew I read it somewhere it's old but may have some complications to OCing

See below I posted from link actual text

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2337

UPDATE 2/05/2005: nVidia has acted to prevent, or at least make it more difficult, to mod the Ultra board to SLI. First, DFI has advised us, and posted on their website, that they will NOT sell the SLI bridge to buyers of the Ultra board. Second, nVidia has advised us that future shipments of the Ultra chipset have been modified so that the mod to SLI will no longer be possible. An additional side effect of this second action is that the "Dual Video" mode, which performs at about 90% of SLI performance levels, will only work with nVidia SLI drivers 66.75 or earlier. If you do a quick check of web driver postings you will see it is now very difficult to find 66.75 drivers. With a chipset modded to SLI the "Dual Video" mode worked through 70.xx versions of the nVidia driver. nVidia also made it clear they will continue to make driver changes to prevent functioning of any "non-standard" (8X/8X) operation of their SLI driver. This also throws into question whether the VIA "dual graphics" mode on the 894 Pro chipset will ever work with nVidia graphics cards. If you are interested in the current UT Ultra-D we suggest you buy one now if you can find it. Future versions of the UT Ultra-D will not have the same capabilities as a result of these actions.

As for some of you who where wondering why I did not go with the cheeper non SLI board just read AMD 64 X2 post above.

Ok here is the deal in my case...

a. I prob will never go SLI BUT the board was a few bucks more and i went with it.

b. the full system was about 900 in change plus shipping.

c. I am broke and was going for the best bang for my buck

d. yes SOME palces have it a bit cheeper but newegg.com gave me 90 days same as cash so I have time to pay it off - kinda goes with c.

e. the ONLY game I have time for is World Of Warcraft

f. the last computer i made was a 1.4ghz tbird like 5 years ago and i wanted a fun project

things i really worry about...

1. I got the power supply converter from 20 pin to 24 pin and yes on this thread it says its not recomended but untill i have an issue and from what i have read on the web i SHOULD be ok

2. I hope the mem works and i get really really lucky! But like i said i have noticed that ALOT of the people with corseair (sp) have had issues.

1. I got the power supply converter from 20 pin to 24 pin and yes on this thread it says its not recomended but untill i have an issue and from what i have read on the web i SHOULD be ok

I've read a few threads where people lost their whole systems when their PSU blew up, so it may not be worth it... Here's hoping that doesn't happen to you.

Also, your sig is HUGE...I suppose you can make it as large as you want, but that thing'll take up half a page by itself when you post. That just makes for unduly long threads.