LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, your bios is great. Finally let me use my OCZ EL Plat Rev1 that has given me errors with the stock and latest official bios. Heck, the memory didn't work in my old NF2 system either. Let me ditch the Corsair ValueSelect I've been using and got me about 60Mb/s more memory bandwith :D

• 2 weeks later...

hi - i am using my stock bios - 6/23 - thinking of flashing to 704 one thats on here - i have a question - once i flash the bios and if all goes well - would my settings i have stored on CMOS Reloaded still be there ?

i saved a few stable settings there that i always go back to once i mess up the settings trying to go higher - i go to the saved ones i have

would those be lost if i flash the bios ? if they are lost - would it be better if i buy one flashed already and just pop in the new one and save the 6/23 that i take out --

what do you think - ?

thanks -

hi - i am using my stock bios - 6/23 - thinking of flashing to 704 one thats on here - i have a question - once i flash the bios and if all goes well - would my settings i have stored on CMOS Reloaded still be there ?

i saved a few stable settings there that i always go back to once i mess up the settings trying to go higher - i go to the saved ones i have

would those be lost if i flash the bios ? if they are lost - would it be better if i buy one flashed already and just pop in the new one and save the 6/23 that i take out --

what do you think - ?

thanks -

Not sure where the thread is, but the easy answer is that your CMOS reloaded settings would still be there (I'm pretty sure it's a different chip), but that under no circumstances should you use them.

There may be incompatabilities between the old & new bios's.

I made it a point when I flashed to immediately go into CMOS reloaded and "save" the stock settings of the new bios into each block to ensure that I didn't accidentally try to input the settings of a different bios into the new one.

ok so thats a bad idea then - that means i have to start from stratch to OC again -- i will print out my settings of each saved one i have and then put them in again manually and test again ?

i check later

i have to get out now

thanks for the input - how do i load the stock settings - for the Reloaded ones - ?

just booth an check optimized settings -- and reboot ?

would that clear out the Reloaded ones also - or do i have to go in the Reloaded settings and do something there also ?

ok -- i got it - have to save stock settings for each one and everything -

thanks - i want to save my settings on paper first before i flash if i decide too - also i got it to 280x10 - and it passed all the tests except prime - the most i got was 40 mins - but i had to raise the volts up

past 1.5 plus special volts - temps were too high - i gave up -

isnt worth the extra 50mhz -- but it runs ok with all the other tests

unless i get a better case and watercooling - i wont know if it can really get stable at 2.8 or more - i had it on a 180 divider --

it wasnt that bad the divider thing :)

thanks - i have to write down all my settings now