LanParty NF4 BIOS - Cleaned up 704-2bt a little

No, not the Infinity boards.

There is a different version for the Expert boards.

There is no Version for the Venus.

But yes it is for all The LanParty NF4 boards including SLI and SLI-DR versions.

I'd suggest the 03/29/2006 or later for the Venus.

Don't flash if you have no issues.

(727 is a kewl number)

Thx for this useful information!

I use 04/06/2006 bios for my Venus.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from Post #6, I think this is what you are asking

The issues with 702 were that it had issues from 123% and up on the cpu vcore. I have removed these values to make this bios safer. This bios is actaully based on the 706 build that you did not see from anyone else bar me.

Also this bios does NOT have the TRCD vdimm trick so you set 2-2-2 ay 2.6v and thats what you get.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RohypnoL

WOW i <333333 this BIOS.. dropped 0.8 NS in Everest Mem latency with the same overclock! Thanks so much!

As much as I love this BIOS (alot more stable than anything newer, at least for me) the lack of Special VID options is killing me on phase, 1.73vcore just isnt enough.

I agree the Special VID options shouldn't be touched and people should just know the risk in picking a high voltage setting, unless there is another reason why it was taking down. maybe probably unstable at anything higher?

If i remember right the bios it was based on had a bug causing it to push way more voltage than selected and fried a couple cpu's because of it. The modded bios took those options out because the bios was one of the best (in my humble opinion the best) overclocking bios's around.

If i remember right the bios it was based on had a bug causing it to push way more voltage than selected and fried a couple cpu's because of it. The modded bios took those options out because the bios was one of the best (in my humble opinion the best) overclocking bios's around.

There is no doubt in my mind that it's the best OC'ing BIOS out to date, but that missing link is the only thing holding me back :(

You might try finding a copy of 7-02 or 7-06 I think it was based off one of those, I would be careful even on phase though. Would really suck to see that chip burnt up. I'd say check out the 0406bta but I know my clocks were not as good with it and it seemed a little buggy.

edit-Looks like you already tried the 0406bta didn't notice it in your sig.

You might try finding a copy of 7-02 or 7-06 I think it was based off one of those, I would be careful even on phase though. Would really suck to see that chip burnt up. I'd say check out the 0406bta but I know my clocks were not as good with it and it seemed a little buggy.

edit-Looks like you already tried the 0406bta didn't notice it in your sig.

Yah, the voltage option's are there, but i cant even come close to the same clocks, the default memory timings in the 406bta suck.

• 4 weeks later...