2.4c @3.6 Pc4000 500mhz

LOL....

We have 4 systems in the office and I'm always screwing with something but I never have time to make her sound work right or printer or whatever!!!

I just always end up with something torn up in that office....

The Prometeia is really cool, but it's a Fu _ _ er to work on!! The sealing of the CPU is a pain and slows everything down when making changes...

The good news is she really doesn't know how much I spend on these systems!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL....

We have 4 systems in the office and I'm always screwing with something but I never have time to make her sound work right or printer or whatever!!!

I just always end up with something torn up in that office....

The Prometeia is really cool,  but it's a Fu _ _ er to work on!!  The sealing of the CPU is a pain and slows everything down when making changes...

The good news is she really doesn't know how much I spend on these systems!!!!!

Ya I hear ya, when it comes to computer's most woman don't have a clue so we can get away with a little extra toys now and then :lol:

Edited by bosco

Hey:

I think you can move it fine... I've moved it in and out of my office to work on it several times.... Everything is real solid and you could lan party it.... The problem is if your not big, you can't lift it off the floor... LOL

I swear it must be 55-65 pounds.... It's massive!!!!!!

I was very surprised myself at the temps it was hitting. Took me looking at it 2 or 3 times to belive it. Memory times for the Kingston HyperX PC4000 dual channel are 3-4-4-8-T1. They are a pretty much overclocked version of their 3200 that runs at 2-3-3-6-T1 but tested at 500mhz and dual channel. Let me go get the WCPUID pic right now for u guys to see.

The V7+ works great with this cpu. Stock 2.4C will run about 32-34 full load atleast with my setup and @ 3.6 about 38-46 full load which was also surprising considering i was running 1.825 Vcore stable. Temps will vary from cpu to cpu and case to case. U woudl be suprised at what a v7+ can do.

Unfortunatly the P4p800 deluxe doesn't have the actual mem to cpu ratio but what from i calculate the memory is running right around 500-505mhz not really an overclock on the mem though that is the only downfall. but the cpu was excellent.

WCPUID ScreenShot @ 1200FSB!

Memory Benchmark @ 500mhz Dual Channel no PAT or MAM

Well there u go posted them on my site. Take a look!!

can someone make these links work if so copy the pic and post it here so i can see it myself lol i think i cant get to it from here at the lan as it said cannot find server when i tried

Just out of curiousity Will, what's your ambient temp. Cause I'm running a 2.6 @ 3.0 and my thermals are good with the abit ic7 and a sunflower2 lapped hs. I could thermally get it up to 3.5ghz but can't seem to keep the fsb stable yet. Thinking about adding a better hs to the fsb. But it's great. So what's your room temp?

Devin

Will:

Your numbers ROCK!!!! Great Job!!!

Any tricks I should know to move mine up with the new 3.2C that's coming?

What type of memory timings you got?

MY room temp here is prolly about 68-70 deg F. Just running a an Enrmax Aluminum case with 5 antec case fans, the standard v7+. Antec 430W psu. The memory @ stock 2.4 is runining 400mhz. 1000fsb its running 500mhz. and about 500-505mhz at 1200Fsb for the mem. All timings are at CL3-4-4-8 which is pretty much standard for all 500mhz memory modules except i believe OCZ which they say theirs is CL2.5 but that must be pushing it harder than this kingston.

If you guys want my opinion we all think getting the new "3.2" is the best but if you gonna o/c it u mine as well go with the 2.4 and at max the 2.8. They all have the same overhead limit from the 2.4 - 3.2 so ur paying for stock speed when u buy it not o/c speed. My recomendation is get yourself an asus P4P800 deluxe not the P4C800 or Abit cause they run slower even while using the 875 chipset and PAT. and get yourself some good memory. If you gonna o/c and try to push the cpu to its max I would recommend either 4000 or 3700 for memory and no need to spend 200 bucks for a coolermaster of lian-li case to "look cool" If you need any more recommendations just email me at [email protected] or tose it up here i currently own my own custom pc company so just ask away.

Actuaaly, I was thinking about an AC unit... Thye make small window vented ones and I was thinking about running that into the case and venting out the window, I think the wife is gonna be pissed at that one thou!!!

I've got a 3.2C that I'm putting in it. Hope to run at 4.38!!!

Dude, get the AC. I live in AL and you can just imagine how hot the summers are. I"m in an upstairs room w/ nooooo cooling. My dad just got me one of those window ac's and it works like a beast. Keeps the room noice and cold. My system temps are like 28C, which is good seeing as how i'm on an ic7-g,

Will,

That's pretty cool. That may acount for some of your temps. I'm at 80-90 here in San Diego. I have to do everything to cool it down. Time for the window AC. I'm getting a cool enough reading from my cpu but can't seem to bring the cpu above 1000 mhz fsb. And I'm at 3.2 ghz with a 2.6 cpu. I was just wondering what your cpu core voltage was running at?

Thanks,

Devin

um i didn't write them down. they are pretty agressive though. stock i run at 1.525 always . 900mhz fsb i ran at 1.525 again. 1000mhz was like 1.65 I think. 1100mhz was 1.725 or 1.75 and in order for me to pull 2.6 outta this cpu i had to go to 1.825 for 1200mhz fsb. Pretty agressive setting I'm sure i could hold that for a while but my cash on hand isn't that much and thats alittle high of a chance to risk lol.

A lot of problems when u o/c the cpu is the mem atleast with these 800 fsb cpus . when u bring mem speeds up u might need to decrease CAS Latency and some other timings and/or lowering the mem/cpu ratio before u bring the fsb up. Another major factor is your motherboard. I run the P4P800 deluxe by Asus. It better than the Abit and Asus canterwood chipsets.

I am actually going to sell this pre tested system. I am taking the 9800 pro out of it and adding a 9500 non pro that u can softmod to a 9700.

Edited by Will Smith