Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Well now something is definitely up.

I followed the steps FLAWLESSLY to reset my CMOS but now when I get to the powering on my computer again, the tower turns on but nothing is displayed on the monitor. I've tried moving the CMOS chip to several spots, but none of them work, and I have been removing the battery.

This is exactly what I do:

1) Power off computer/Disconnect from power

2) Remove battery

3) Move CMOS pin from what I think is 1+2 to 2+3 (but I'm not sure, I'm moving it from its original position)

4) Wait 10 minutes

5) Move CMOS pin back to its original position

6) Reconnect power/Power on PC

7) Wonder why it isn't working >.<

What am I doing wrong!!!!!!

put the battery back in?????

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it needs 24 hours (or a pre-flashed Bios chip from Tmod).

Check Ex-Roadies post here.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24

VERY nice.... hopefully I don't have to wait 24 hours :(

So the PC Speaker jumper may be the offender here, eh? I can only hope that my problem is that and not that I will have to wait 24 hours for it to work >.>

I want to overclock this beast so bad......... I bought a freaking Tuniq heatsink (its not gonna fit) and sadly it isn't compatible with my AM2 mobo so I'll likely have to just work off of the stock fan, but my friend is an OC god so he should be able to help me.

THANK YOU by the way. I'll let you guys know of it works.

VERY nice.... hopefully I don't have to wait 24 hours :(

So the PC Speaker jumper may be the offender here, eh? I can only hope that my problem is that and not that I will have to wait 24 hours for it to work >.>

I want to overclock this beast so bad......... I bought a freaking Tuniq heatsink (its not gonna fit) and sadly it isn't compatible with my AM2 mobo so I'll likely have to just work off of the stock fan, but my friend is an OC god so he should be able to help me.

THANK YOU by the way. I'll let you guys know of it works.

You should of bought the Scythe Ninja Plus Rev.B you dont even need to take the mobo out..

Hi, I'm new to the board and I'm buying my first DFI setup. I bought the DFI lanparty UT NF590 SLI M2RG. I've got a few questions about it and this cd.

I'm only running a 500W PSU with a 3.0 gig AMD athalon X2 and an overclocked Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS Will this be enough power to run it?

Can I use Tmod's cd instead of the stock bios?

thanks for your time and I'm sorry if these questions are noobish but it's my first OCing system build.

Hi, I'm new to the board and I'm buying my first DFI setup. I bought the DFI lanparty UT NF590 SLI M2RG. I've got a few questions about it and this cd.

I'm only running a 500W PSU with a 3.0 gig AMD athalon X2 and an overclocked Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS Will this be enough power to run it?

Can I use Tmod's cd instead of the stock bios?

thanks for your time and I'm sorry if these questions are noobish but it's my first OCing system build.

What PSU is it? It might be sufficent depending on what brand and model it is.

I think some people have used those successfully in their rigs but I don't think they are on the recommended list either though.

I havn't had problems with just 500W before and i've used them in all the rigs i build. But thank you for the help. I'll just have to be carefull then. But does anyone know if I can just use the BIOS on tmod's cd instead of the stock?

Hi, just wanna say thanks for this... My floppy drive has bust, so this is a godsend.

Anyway, my rig has been updated since sig... I've now got 2x512mb of bh-5 at 260Mhz at 11-2-2-2-2 at 3.6v. What would be a good BIOS to use, or shall I do a bit of experimenting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Tmod wicked little disc.

ive had a few problems getting my disc to work, which ive now managed to sort out. i think one of the links form the first post is a bit dodgie (i.e the filefront mirror). ive tryed downloading it twice with problems after both times, i ended up using the first link which was fine.

now ive got the disc working im having problems with memtest, when i press enter & try and run it, it freezes on the loading bit? nothing i try to do makes eney difference.

thanks green