Getting New Video Care

ok guys i got around 500$ to spend on a new video card

suggestions please

was thinking of going for the GF FX5900 with 256mb

first off, actually finding an fx5900 ultra is bad enough, getting it in your hands is even harder. ATI has pushed themselves to the front of the pack by doing something very smart for once. Local retail stores are thier new helpers. When they can put thier highest end cards in retail chains, with flashy boxes, good pricing, and have them falling off the shelf from overstock... think of what that does to sales next to the FX5900ultra. couple websites, a few specialty shops, and that's all nvidia's got going for them.

trust me i was skeptical also when i was buying i baught the ati sapphire 9800 pro with 256 meg ddr and it makes a frekin difference im not ati fan at all i mean i was geforce all the way after i baught this card i think i might have changed my mind i mean i was playing rainbow six 3 with highest graphics on possible 1280x1024 and was doing about 50-60 fps its a bad . card i just want to overclock it to improve it even more

my porblem is finding a store that has the ati 9800 pro with 256mb seeing as how i dont have a checking accounti cant get it online

i don't know what country you live in so you can select all that stuff. click on the "Retail Stores" link for the country that you live in and see if you recognize any of those stores as being close in proximity to you. and also check to see which stores are carrying that card.

http://mirror.ati.com/buy/consumer/pc/findenduser.html