NF4 Ultra-D> 3700 San Diego + Mushkin Redline 4000

I guess I've been lucky in the past. I've done 6 builds like this in the past and never had to reload the os. I usually boot to safe mode a load the mobo drivers.

I've cleared the cmos and letting it sit until I get home from work. Hopefully it will get past the splash screen the next time I try it.

If anybody else has any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks.

defo been lucky in the past, i tried not to have to do a reinstall when i got my DFI i even used the system prep tool on the windows CD that removes all the third party drivers and tried booting to safe mode. but i still ended up reinstalling,

never mind

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm still hanging on the splash screen. I've moved my memory to each of the slots, cleared the cmos, removed the battery. I haven't been able to get past the spash screen since Sunday afternoon. I've cleared the cmos and left the battery out for the day until I get home and will try it again.

If anybody has any solutions on getting past the splash screen it would be greatly appreciated.

Having you tried taking the CMOS battery out and letting it sit for about a minute, putting it in, clearing for 15 seconds and then try a boot?

If it won't splash and detect enough for you to open the BIOS after that, then the CMOS is fragged.

Nothing happens when I hit delete.....it just sits there on the splash screen. It did this same thing friday and saturday but I was able to get it back and updated my bios. After my bios updated I followed the instructions to let it restart and set "load optimized defaults" and then after that i saved and shut down and cleared the cmos again. Since then I can't get past the splash.

I cleared the cmos again this morning and took the battery out and will let it sit till I get home. I'll check it again then.

I'm still stuck and don't know what else to do.

I got home and put the battery back in and set the cmos jumper back to normal, powered up while holding in the insert key and it still hung on the splash screen.

I then unplugged everything except the power to the board and the video card. Still hung on splash screen.

I played around with moving the memory to each of the slots and trying again and still nothing. I reset the cmos a few more times and removed the battery and still no go.

I'm getting totally frustrated with this. Anybody have any more ideas or suggestions? Any official DFI reps have any idea about what might be causing this?

Thanks

Greg

pm or email Angry_Games http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/member.php?u=2 or RGone http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/member.php?u=5 . Looks like you might as well set up an RMA.

I can't send either one of them a pm. Angry_Games doesn't seem to be excepting pm's and RGONE's pm cache seems to be full and it won't let me send to him.

If anyone can think of anything I can do before RMA please let me know.

Thanks again.

Are you using Windows XP SP2? Try disabling DEP - Google for more info.

Right-click My Computer | Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery | Settings | Edit - change the line "/NoExecute=OptIn" to "/NoExecute=AlwaysOff" without the quotes.

There's a few drivers that try to write to protected memory and Windows will take a dive.

A long shot, perhaps - but worth a try. You can always change it back later after you're set up (hopefully!)

Oops - just realized you can't get into Windows ... does Safe Mode work?