Windows smp client released

spazmire11

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Project 2652 on 3.0E HT @ stock speed is taking 36 minutes a percent X 100= 3600 minutes divided by 60=60hrs divided by 24= 2.5 days deadline is 3 days.

Looks like the 2610 is going to take almost 5 days on a 3.4C deadline is 4 days (no credit for this one) May have to OC more!.

I will keep track and see what happens. :foldon:

I upped the OC on both P4 rigs, the 3.0E with a bigger cache and SSE3 slowed down and the 3.4C with SSE2 also slowed down. I put them back on stock speed and they speed back up. The 3.0E Prescott with SSE3 and larger cache is going to make the deadline by half a day it looks like with 2652. The 3.4C with smaller catch and only SSE2 is going to be about a half day late.

Does SSE2 and SSE3 and the cache have anything to do with it? :foldon:

So for the only BIG problem ive had with the windows version vs Linux is it seems to be a crapload more prone to OC related failure, the E6400 with crappy ram over 3ghz was goin great ubutu SMP, however it completed it's first windows WU this morning, then suddenly it went into super crash mode, crahed 8 WUs while i was away today, and then after a restart, small OC drop, and a manual delete of the work folder all was well again. I may stick with Linux SMP for a little while, this beta may very well be a little TOO beta for me atm.

virtualization has an odd way of working around hardware problems that are specific to the current platform. if you are running OC'd and not 200% stable, then virtualization, though it has some overhead, can help even the playing field.

god bless emulation! and linux converts!

virtualization has an odd way of working around hardware problems that are specific to the current platform. if you are running OC'd and not 200% stable, then virtualization, though it has some overhead, can help even the playing field.

god bless emulation! and linux converts!

This was actually on my dual boot system...aka my, so what if i screw it up, ill only need a reformat, rig

Either way it's 29% done with the current unit and we'll see what happens, just convined the server to install properly, that took FOREVER, apparently one of the .NET updates didnt work so well wth the mpiexec and a reinstall of .NET 2.0 seems to have fixed that one.