Safe temps i7 4790k

insan3

Hello occ community i recently switch over to a 4790k, i was wondering if my temps are in a good range or not. i currently have it around hitting 70c @100% @ 4.5

Edited by insan3

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCase is 74.04C (max temp for temperatures on the IHS). Cores usually go higher than that, and throttling occurs around 90C, I think. As long as your CPU heatsink is working, cores will throttle long before your IHS temperatures hit 74C, thus lowering the frequency, voltage, and thus, temperature.

according to cpu-world.com the data card on the CPU shows it should not go over 72'c. I would find a new cooling solution if you want to go further but for now if that is the Max temp you have seen under full load then you should be fine.

source: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core%20i7-4790K.html

By the way, good to see you overclocking again Insan3. Been a while and that I7 is alot tougher then those Old Am3 socket chips we fiddled with time ago. I switched over to intel years ago when the 1366 socket I7 came out and I have never looked at amd sense. No regrets.

umm doesn't give much room to play around with then, ill see what i can do. thanks i was waiting to upgrade to a better chip to over try oc again. 1.2v it was default. i havent really try to mess around with the voltage yet.

Edited by insan3