#145 Coors

Coors

????? ????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

http://www.bizpacrev...oes-viral-12897

MSI MPower Max - 4770K - 2x EVGA GTX780 ACX - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866 - 2x Crucial M4 256GB raid0 - Enermax 1020w - HP ZR30w

Sager NP9170 - i7 3720QM - GTX680m - 16GB 1600Mhz - 2x Crucial M4 256GB - 17" matte display

Shuttle SP35P2V2 - E8600 4Ghz - eVGA 8800GTX ACS KO - 2x2GB g.skill PK - Samsung 500GB - 2x Dell E228wfp

#146 Coors

Coors

????? ????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

http://en.wikipedia....of_Athens_(1946)

MSI MPower Max - 4770K - 2x EVGA GTX780 ACX - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866 - 2x Crucial M4 256GB raid0 - Enermax 1020w - HP ZR30w

Sager NP9170 - i7 3720QM - GTX680m - 16GB 1600Mhz - 2x Crucial M4 256GB - 17" matte display

Shuttle SP35P2V2 - E8600 4Ghz - eVGA 8800GTX ACS KO - 2x2GB g.skill PK - Samsung 500GB - 2x Dell E228wfp

#147 AddictedGamer93

AddictedGamer93

2500K = Old Faithful

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Damn, respect to Mr.Boston. Now if only every American shared this position.

@Thread: People desperately need to know what classifies as an Assault Weapon and what doesn't. If it isn't capable of full auto fire, it isn't an Assault Weapon, period. There may be an exception such as a shotgun, but honestly, no one considers shotguns as assault weapons. 

This video needs to go viral: 

@Anti-Gun Buffoon Gallery

My jaw literally hung open when I saw the first two photos. Do these people not know which end of the rifle to point at the bad guys? Plus, how exactly do you "demonstrate" the use of a 30 round magazine. Common sense would tell me that the use would be no different from something like a 10 round magazine. Plus the whole trigger on the finger part, Jesus, what hope do responsible gun owners have. That also makes me wonder why children aren't taught firearms safety in school? What would come from that but good, honestly. That should be a mandatory class in high school, preferably 9th grade. 

Edited by AddictedGamer93, 02 January 2013 - 05:00 AM.

Gaming Rig
Case: Obsidian 800D
Mobo: Asrock P67 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
RAM: 8GB's of Ripjaws X @ 2133MHz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 @ 1200/1600
SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Calisto Deluxe 60GB
HDD1: 2.5" SATA's in RAID 0, 220GB's
HDD2: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Cooling: XSPC Raystorm + RX360 + VID-AR797

#148 Phil

Phil

im in ur fieldz, hooverin ur swardz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2721 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

It seems lop sided to me that the people screaming for gun control are getting all of the action, while millions are buying up guns as a response.  Isn't the gun buying frenzy also a strong indication about how Americans feel about gun control?  Spending real money should carry at least as much weight as an emotional response IMO.

The real cow king.

Posted Image

Antec P182, Asus Commando Green MB, Intel Core2 Quad 2.66 Ghz, Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler, Corsair DDR2, nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX OC, 2 WD Raptors 160GB, CoolerMaster 750W PS

#149 AddictedGamer93

AddictedGamer93

2500K = Old Faithful

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

It seems lop sided to me that the people screaming for gun control are getting all of the action, while millions are buying up guns as a response.  Isn't the gun buying frenzy also a strong indication about how Americans feel about gun control?  Spending real money should carry at least as much weight as an emotional response IMO.

I went out and bought another AR lol, and 30 30rd PMAG's. "Buy em before they're gone"

Gaming Rig
Case: Obsidian 800D
Mobo: Asrock P67 Extreme 6
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
RAM: 8GB's of Ripjaws X @ 2133MHz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 @ 1200/1600
SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Calisto Deluxe 60GB
HDD1: 2.5" SATA's in RAID 0, 220GB's
HDD2: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Cooling: XSPC Raystorm + RX360 + VID-AR797

#150 Hyper Threaded

Hyper Threaded

reformed intel fanboy

• Folding Member
  • 1693 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Everyone needs to read this: http://www.samharris...ddle-of-the-gun

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz
RAM: g.skill 8gb ares ddr3 1600
MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
VID: EVGA GTX 770 4gb
SOUND: Auzen X-Fi Prelude
PSU: Seasonic X-560
HDD: Seagate 500gb :: Samsung 500gb SATAII :: Samsung 1tb :: Kingston 120gb SSD
CASE: Antec P280 w/window
COOLING: Panaflo 120x38mm medium-speed 2x :: 2x 120x25mm San Ace High-Speed :: Thermalright Venomous X/NB eloop b12-4
sigimage.gif?c1=FFFFFF&c2=000000&c3=0000

#151 Phil

Phil

im in ur fieldz, hooverin ur swardz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2721 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Everyone needs to read this: http://www.samharris...ddle-of-the-gun

I give him credit for trying to be balanced, but he's also perpetuating several gun myths that are basically false.  The study that everyone cites to "prove" that a gun in the home is more likely to be used on it's owner has been debunked, and the notion that the presence of a leagally carried gun will escalate a scuffle to a life or death situation is preposterous.

The real cow king.

Posted Image

Antec P182, Asus Commando Green MB, Intel Core2 Quad 2.66 Ghz, Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler, Corsair DDR2, nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX OC, 2 WD Raptors 160GB, CoolerMaster 750W PS

#152 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

The notion that the presence of a leagally carried gun will escalate a scuffle to a life or death situation is preposterous.

Completely agreed, truly a ridiculous notion.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#153 Fogel

Fogel

Vengeance shall be Mine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

There may be an exception such as a shotgun, but honestly, no one considers shotguns as assault weapons. 

really? 

You should check out the AA-12.  Granted not just anyone can go out and buy one, but if you were a Class 3 Dealer you could and you would probably enter a watch list once you bought one ...especially if you got a drum mag to go with it.  There is no reason a citizen needs an AA-12 outside of bragging rights and cool factor.  It's sole purpose is urban combat.

#154 iluvstrats2

iluvstrats2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

There may be an exception such as a shotgun, but honestly, no one considers shotguns as assault weapons. 

really? 

You should check out the AA-12.  Granted not just anyone can go out and buy one, but if you were a Class 3 Dealer you could and you would probably enter a watch list once you bought one ...especially if you got a drum mag to go with it.  There is no reason a citizen needs an AA-12 outside of bragging rights and cool factor.  It's sole purpose is urban combat.

Or turkey hunting. A whole flock of turkeys. Why stop with one when you can have ALL of them  :woot:

Intel 3930k @4.5ghz
ASUS P9X79 pro
Thermaltake Lvl 10 GT case
8 gb 2133 intel extreme masters ram
2x Gtx 590 sli
AX1200
H100 w/TT fans
2x OCZ vertex 3 SSD
Seagate 1tb HDD for storage

#155 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

There is no reason a citizen needs an AA-12 outside of bragging rights and cool factor.  It's sole purpose is urban combat.

Whats nice is it isn't anyones business what I do or dont have and/or for what purposes, which means bragging rights and cool factor are a good enough reason.

A citizen should have the right to own anything the military has, short of nuclear weapons which I don't think the military should have anyways. 

Also I'd say that AA-12 would work just as good in jungle/woods combat as well.

Plus there are a bunch of other quick firing and 'scary assault looking' shotguns out there.

Saiga comes to mind and the Keltec KSG as well.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#156 Fogel

Fogel

Vengeance shall be Mine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Or turkey hunting. A whole flock of turkeys. Why stop with one when you can have ALL of them  :woot:

lol Wouldn't be much meat left on them but suuure! :lol:

There is no reason a citizen needs an AA-12 outside of bragging rights and cool factor.  It's sole purpose is urban combat.

Whats nice is it isn't anyones business what I do or dont have and/or for what purposes, which means bragging rights and cool factor are a good enough reason.

A citizen should have the right to own anything the military has, short of nuclear weapons which I don't think the military should have anyways. 

Also I'd say that AA-12 would work just as good in jungle/woods combat as well.

Plus there are a bunch of other quick firing and 'scary assault looking' shotguns out there.

Saiga comes to mind and the Keltec KSG as well.

I thought about getting a Saiga-12, those are good shotguns.  I still want one tbh.   Though the AA-12 isn't a "scary assault looking shotgun".  It really IS an assault shotgun.  You throw a 32-round drum on a fully auto shotgun you can cause mass harm extremely quickly.  There is a reason not just anyone can buy one of these expensive shotguns.

And i definitely disagree with the notion everyone should have access to military grade weapons.   Outside of arguing differences since some people know how to work things in their advantage, I will use one obtuse example.  LA proved idiots have no business having access to tanks. :tongue:

Sorry Andrew, I have less faith in humanity than you do.  Humans are too stupid for rights.  I wouldn't give half the people on the road a driving license.  Think I trust them with an AA-12 or military grade .50 cals?  FFFF NO! 

Just pray I don't become a person in power... because I am guessing that at least half of the people would lose their driving license.  I would enforce a 4-week gun safety training program for anyone wanting to purchase a gun (legally of course).  I would take my Law instructor's advice and put it into action... punishment for breaking laws would be Swift, Severe and Certain.  Make no mistake, the punishments would be severe.   Robbing a bank at gunpoint?   Nice, now your trigger finger and toes are gone and you will be lashed in public viewing ...then thrown in jail.   Oh and jail wouldn't be an upgrade for the less fortunate.  It would be a downgrade for them too.   You want to be in humane conditions then act humane, pretty damn simple.   You have an issue with the laws and don't know how to be a civilized human being - then GTFO we don't need you.

I'm not in charge and maybe that's a good thing. :)