Gun control

Coors

Gun control = Being able to hit what you aim at..........

Uhhhhhhh 

No gun control=being able to hit what you aim at. 

Gun control=no guns = more incidents of stabbings ( more painful, slower way to die ) or arsons ( higher collateral damage, and slower, more painful way to die )

Am I missing some sort of context?

GUN%20CONTROL.JPG

There are currently laws in place in the US that control guns. These laws prohibit those with a history of mental illness, criminal backgrounds etc from LEGALLY purchasing guns. Do they work? If you think so the tell the families of West Webster Fire Department, NY, Lt. Michael Chiapperini and Firefighter Tomasz Kaczowka that they do. Simce they will be celebrating Christmas without there loved ones. These two brave Firefighters were shot and killed while responding to a fire on Christmas Eve. The shooter a man convicted of killing his grandmother decades ago ambushed firefighters on Monday, fatally shooting two of them as they arrived to battle a blaze.

Yes, you read right, the shooter was a covicted murderer! And yet, he managed to get a gun and kill two people, wound three others before shooting himself.

And if you thing baning guns will do any good, think again. Do you honestly believe that the criminals will turn in thier guns? Hell, the criminals are better armed than the police and some small countries armies.

So, today Christmas day I will mourn the death of two brother Firefighters.

• Like 1

I still don't understand why many countries can live perfectly just fine with Gun Controls and the U.S can't...

Sure the world isn't perfect. I think we've agreed on that much. But there are always alternatives. Numerous numbers of 'em..

So, for the life of me, I still can't understand why you can't think of a positive end if guns are withheld. Why can't you think of a life where you don't own guns and don't give a damn if others do.

I can. My family can. My friends can. Their families can. Their friends can. I should probably go on to support my statement, but I can't know for sure what the whole population says. I'm imperfect after all.

I'm not saying that they should, but it's one of the numerous alternatives available. Why is it so impossible?

Maybe I'm too young. Maybe we're too primitive. Maybe we're too naive. Maybe we just can live without guns and don't give a damn if threatened by them.

These are all "Maybe"s.

All I know for certain: this discussion is definitely not helping me shed some light over my question nor does it help in minimising/preventing these "Massacres" from happening again.

Stay safe.

Cheers

"Maybe we just can live without guns and don't give a damn if threatened by them." Sorry i just had to rofl... you mean to say that if i walk up and stick a gun in your back you won't give a damn? I find that hard to believe.

The problem with your alternatives is that we would have the same argument over every single one of them once they were misused.

Btw, i had a thought, every time somebody is shot in the US we cry foul and argue over gun control. But how bout the killings that happen everyday in third world countries, we just pass that off as inevitable and move on. Why is there a difference?

Every time one of these topics comes up, I am amazed that people draw a parallel to cars/driving.

I dont see it.

A cars primary function is to get you from A to B. Not to kill. 

Much like the purpose of a saw is to cut material. Not to kill.

A gun is designed to kill. Its function is for killing. Be that people/animals whatever. Its primary purpose is to kill things. Sure you may use it for sport or shooting at the range but this is NOT what it was designed for. It was designed to end life.

So, with that laid out, why do people compare owning a gun to owning a Car? 

Yes a car can kill, but so can many many many other things in life whose primary function is not killing.

A guns primary function is killing. 

you dont see it because you think a guns main purpose is Killing... maybe it was the inherent design in the beginning but that isnt so...

I guns main purpose is Shooting not killing. Killing is the by-product. The SAME as a car with a drunk driver behind the wheel...

you dont see why they should be classed the same? they both have different objectives but both can be used to Kill....A auto can be a weapon just the same as a gun...

More guns are sold for sport than for out right killing.... some for Skeet shooting much like cars are for driving....

what either is used for is up to the person handling each....for recreational or killing not the object itself... neither can function without an operator....

Gun control = Being able to hit what you aim at..........

Uhhhhhhh 

No gun control=being able to hit what you aim at. 

Gun control=no guns = more incidents of stabbings ( more painful, slower way to die ) or arsons ( higher collateral damage, and slower, more painful way to die )

Am I missing some sort of context?

GUN%20CONTROL.JPG

Lol, I get it now 

Every time one of these topics comes up, I am amazed that people draw a parallel to cars/driving.

I dont see it.

A cars primary function is to get you from A to B. Not to kill. 

Much like the purpose of a saw is to cut material. Not to kill.

A gun is designed to kill. Its function is for killing. Be that people/animals whatever. Its primary purpose is to kill things. Sure you may use it for sport or shooting at the range but this is NOT what it was designed for. It was designed to end life.

So, with that laid out, why do people compare owning a gun to owning a Car? 

Yes a car can kill, but so can many many many other things in life whose primary function is not killing.

A guns primary function is killing. 

you dont see it because you think a guns main purpose is Killing... maybe it was the inherent design in the beginning but that isnt so...

I guns main purpose is Shooting not killing. Killing is the by-product. The SAME as a car with a drunk driver behind the wheel...

you dont see why they should be classed the same? they both have different objectives but both can be used to Kill....A auto can be a weapon just the same as a gun...

More guns are sold for sport than for out right killing.... some for Skeet shooting much like cars are for driving....

what either is used for is up to the person handling each....for recreational or killing not the object itself... neither can function without an operator....

+1. My gf and I use my 12 gauge, .410, .22 revolver, and .22 rifle for clay and target shooting. I have no desire to hunt animals or kill someone with them.

Gun control in Australia may or may not be working. There seems to be more gunshots at houses and things today. Many people are being stabbed. Many fatally.

I sometimes think (rightly or wrongly) that the knife use comes from the middle European immigrants and Middle eastern immigrants history.

The old Irish English idea was to bash the s*** out of your oponant and then stand up, shake hands and have a beer.

Maybe single shot firearms might be a good idea. Instead of .22 or the like, have .20 cal so old bullets cant be used. I doubt it would work but it is a two bits worth.

Have a happy season for the survivors and pray for the innocents.

Regards from cespenar.

When I say I'm an advocate for gun control, it does mean taking away certain things like high capacity clips/drums. I am an advocate for stronger background checks and closing of certain loopholes, such as the gun show exception. More about controlling who gets to use guns, than taking away a right (that I disagree with and is misinterpreted often). Whether or not you want to admit it, there are certain people who should not have guns. I think it's ridiculous to attempt to argue that mentally unstable people should be able to own and operate a gun. Yet, this is exactly what I see people on the right wing trying to do.

When I say I'm an advocate for gun control, it does mean taking away certain things like high capacity clips/drums. I am an advocate for stronger background checks and closing of certain loopholes, such as the gun show exception. More about controlling who gets to use guns, than taking away a right (that I disagree with and is misinterpreted often). Whether or not you want to admit it, there are certain people who should not have guns. I think it's ridiculous to attempt to argue that mentally unstable people should be able to own and operate a gun. Yet, this is exactly what I see people on the right wing trying to do.

Can you explain the "gun show exception" loophole. I honestly don't know what people mean when they say that.

Can you explain the "gun show exception" loophole. I honestly don't know what people mean when they say that.

There is an exception to the useless background check, if you go through a gun show. In that instance, any old person can just walk up and buy any gun at all. Thank the NRA for that.

There is an exception to the useless background check, if you go through a gun show. In that instance, any old person can just walk up and buy any gun at all. Thank the NRA for that.

Not here you can't they still have to do the check....

I have a very close friend that owned a gun shop and was at a trade show... he sold a gun and didnt do the required check....a week later that gun was used by the person that bought it to shoot and kill two cops....

My friend went to jail for 5 years for failing to do the background check....he did more time than the guy who bought the gun and shot two cops

Not here you can't they still have to do the check....

I have a very close friend that owned a gun shop and was at a trade show... he sold a gun and didnt do the required check....a week later that gun was used by the person that bought it to shoot and kill two cops....

My friend went to jail for 5 years for failing to do the background check....he did more time than the guy who bought the gun and shot two cops

I think it's down to the state or region how they apply gun laws exactly. This is another one of my problems with the current gun legislation. If you don't like the gun laws where you live, just go to a different state with looser regulation.