Gun control

Coors

And i definitely disagree with the notion everyone should have access to military grade weapons.   Outside of arguing differences since some people know how to work things in their advantage, I will use one obtuse example.  LA proved idiots have no business having access to tanks. :tongue:

Oh I agree with you, at the bane of most other firearms owners too, but it just isn't feasible to restrict/regulate a society where ~+95% of them wont murdering people.

In my opinion the citizens of a country have an inalienable right to defend themselves against their government, the infantry weapons of that military therefore should be accessible by its countrymen.

No, not tanks... :P

I agree with you about people on the road, and to make sure I'm not being hypocritical I'll even say that I'm not even a good driver and I get distracted like everyone else, but holy shit there are some asinine people on the road.

We need better public transportation too, as much as I'd like 3/4 of the population to be licenseless it just isn't feasible.

You made a spark go off, what if we had the right to drive?  Even though driving is a necessity for most, not everyone is exactly fit to do it. Would you defend their rights, knowing full well those people would be a danger to society?

You made a spark go off, what if we had the right to drive?  Even though driving is a necessity for most, not everyone is exactly fit to do it. Would you defend their rights, knowing full well those people would be a danger to society?

No i wouldn't.  This isn't even part of the argument.  Almost no one thinks that unfit people should own guns, and there are many laws to that effect that are not controversial.  It is in fact the feeling of many pro 2A advocates that more needs to be done to prevent people who are a danger to society from having access to guns.

No i wouldn't.  This isn't even part of the argument.  Almost no one thinks that unfit people should own guns, and there are many laws to that effect that are not controversial.  It is in fact the feeling of many pro 2A advocates that more needs to be done to prevent people who are a danger to society from having access to guns.

Agreed.

...more needs to be done to prevent people who are a danger to society from having access to guns.

That doesn't include a blanket law that unnecessarily restricts the majority of law abiding citizens from purchasing, owning, trading or using a firearm.

I have yet to see a way to license firearms that isn't restrictive or much too easy to abuse.

Along the same lines are this video: 

and this article: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/america-doesnt-have-a-gun-problem-it-has-a-gang-problem/

They both have excellent points, which is basically: The vast majority of violent gun crimes occur in large cities (250k pop. plus), and that most of that crime is gang on gang violence. The problem you begin to get into with gun control is that these organizations aren't purchasing weapons through normal channels, they get them from gangs Mexico (who get them from the US government, SNAP!) All that legislation restricting what type of weaponry someone can buy is guarantee that the criminals have all the weapons.

We should obviously require background checks before buying hammers. Plus a safety course to insure that people know how to properly use a hammer. We might want to consider a national registry of all hammers currently owned by private individuals as well.

Plus I know South Carolina may want to start looking into regulating nature / the environment. Every year in SC guns cause 0.7 of all accidental deaths, the same as "nature / the environment". Clearly people aren't taking proper precautions with regards to nature and there we should regulate the environment.

Article Link

Edited by flareback

Fogel, I think I agree with at least part of what you're saying. We should run for office. :lol:

lol You think this even after all I said? 

Oh I agree with you, at the bane of most other firearms owners too, but it just isn't feasible to restrict/regulate a society where ~+95% of them wont murdering people.

In my opinion the citizens of a country have an inalienable right to defend themselves against their government, the infantry weapons of that military therefore should be accessible by its countrymen.

No, not tanks... :P

I agree with you about people on the road, and to make sure I'm not being hypocritical I'll even say that I'm not even a good driver and I get distracted like everyone else, but holy shit there are some asinine people on the road.

We need better public transportation too, as much as I'd like 3/4 of the population to be licenseless it just isn't feasible.

Why not, we restrict almost everything in this country.  There are limitations even when it comes to free speech.

I don't agree with the notion we have the right to defend ourselves against our government because gone are the days when the people actually stood a chance.   Anytime the government decides we are unruly we will find we're just an ant beneath a boot.  Yah, I'm boworring some Avengers lines. :tongue:  Honestly though, we are too selfish to rise against our government.  If we broke into a civil war I would be more scared of the citizens then I would be of the government.  Katrina was a good example of how low people will go in bad times.   I would want guns to defend me and my own against citizens ...not the gubment.

And just to make it clear I am by no means a perfect driver on the road.  I would have to punish myself since I am a speeder.  But in addition to punishing people like myself I would punish the people who drive too slow (eg. driving 30mph below the speed limit on the freeway would get you the same fine as someone driving 30mph over the speed limit) as well as people not actively passing in the left lane and being the reason of traffic jams.  I may see a lot of faults in other drivers but I have mine as well and I think the only way for to get better is to give us a good reason to get better.

That video is a solid argument.  One of the best I've seen actually.  The article is kind of a lame though, it loses steam trying to argue too many things at once.  As an article it should have focused on one subject and stuck with it.  Instead it is trying to take on the world as if its a forum post or someone's blog.