2012 Firearms Discussion

Andrewr05

"Sometimes you have to die for something I believe in."

And this is really the issue. The people who want to ban guns don't own guns and their lifestyle wouldn't be affected. It's easy to be for infringing someone else's rights. We don't blame cars, knives, alcohol, etc... for crime because there is no block of people who don't use them.

Edited by Phil

Best way to take control is eliminate the threat. if I was the criminal I would eliminate a threat right away. If you ever get the chance to observe an open carry individual they are usually completely unaware of their surroundings. I've had a few chances where I could have walked up behind someone open carrying and take their gun. Kinda like this guy. Vuurwapen Blog writer was able to snatch a pic of a dude on his phone in the same situation.

553449_447843195247482_1474652709_n.jpg

I'm curious, how many of us considered whether that man's gun was loaded or not? To me that just looks like political statement. If I was to open carry in that manner, I probably wouldn't have it loaded, mainly because that would be low enough and insecure enough for a toddler to get a hold of, to me that would be a bigger concern than a criminal. However I also simply believe that guns are better used as a form of intimidation than anything, like someone else posted earlier and has been shown in quite a few statistics, simply brandishing the weapon is enough to deter crime majority of the time.

Not saying that gun in the picture isn't loaded by the way, just that if it was me, it wouldn't be. Then again, I'd rather conceal carry something I can actually use so I suppose my point doesn't really make sense here. :lol:

Self defense stuff makes the news from time to time. Here is a good one. Had a couple home robberies show up on the news the last month both ending up really bad for the robbers.

VIDEO

:cheers: they didn't seem to have a problem (or other robbers, if not them) with the other gunless households...

:cheers: they didn't seem to have a problem (or other robbers, if not them) with the other gunless households...

I would imagine they went for other houses while nobody was home, they just didn't do a good job scouting this one out I suppose. From the video, and I'm not entirely sure I heard right, but I believe it said that the house next door was the deputy's house and it was successfully robbed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit tired at the moment.

I would imagine they went for other houses while nobody was home, they just didn't do a good job scouting this one out I suppose. From the video, and I'm not entirely sure I heard right, but I believe it said that the house next door was the deputy's house and it was successfully robbed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit tired at the moment.

You're probably right, I was thinking that Deputy is pissed but the I'm guessing the 3rd wasn't (the spanish guy?) armed.