2012 Firearms Discussion

Andrewr05

Then why don't you have RPGs, mines, nerve gas, or nuclear weapons? That argument is so full of crap. If the military did actually want to kill than they could do it across the country.

That would be assuming that the people in the military would follow those orders. Do you know what the very first sentence is in the Oath of Enlistment?

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

That would be assuming that the people in the military would follow those orders. Do you know what the very first sentence is in the Oath of Enlistment?

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

Technically that's not a sentence sense you left an ellipsis at the end, and how does that disprove my point?

Do you really think most people serving their country would turn and kill the people whose rights we they are defending? Do you think they don't have friends and family they wouldn't want to hurt? They're just mindless drones that follow each and every command no matter what? There are such things as unlawful orders that we are supposed to disobey.

Do you really think most people serving their country would turn and kill the people whose rights we they are defending? Do you think they don't have friends and family they wouldn't want to hurt? They're just mindless drones that follow each and every command no matter what? There are such things as unlawful orders that we are supposed to disobey.

So does this mean you don't think the military would turn on the people again?

So....what's the point in getting anything more powerful than a hunting rifle? You just proved my point.

So does this mean you don't think the military would turn on the people again?

The lowly people like me in the enlisted force? No. Does that mean there aren't power hungry people in the Government as a whole? No. Or what about other country's Governments?

So....what's the point in getting anything more powerful than a hunting rifle? You just proved my point.

Refer to the above.

edit: Also refer to the post comparing a "military grade" caliber to a hunting rifle caliber.

Edited by Coors

Refer to the above.

edit: Also refer to the post comparing a "military grade" caliber to a hunting rifle caliber.

You're not even trying to make sense. You're just spewing non-sequiturs.

No. You just don't want to see the logic in what i'm saying.

First off the typical hunting rifle cartridge is leaps and bounds more powerful then the "assault rifles" that the military uses. The M4/M16 uses a 5.56 Nato round. For hunting anything bigger than a rabid dog it would be pretty ineffective. Thats why most hunters use a .308, a 30-06, a .300 magnum, etc. Labeling a rifle an "assault weapon" does not make it anymore deadly than any other rifle. And banning all these weapons from law abiding citizens will do absolutely nothing to stop crime or stop crazy people from doing crazy things. Thats the thing that anti-gun people don't or refuse to realize. Did China's strict gun laws stop a 17 year old kid from killing 9 people and wounding 4 others? Nope. And guess what. He didn't even use a gun. He did this with a knife. He killed nearly as many people with a knife as the Aurora shooter did with a shotgun, a rifle and two handguns.

The bottom line is that gun control does not work. It will never work.

No. You just don't want to see the logic in what i'm saying.

First off the typical hunting rifle cartridge is leaps and bounds more powerful then the "assault rifles" that the military uses. The M4/M16 uses a 5.56 Nato round. For hunting anything bigger than a rabid dog it would be pretty ineffective. Thats why most hunters use a .308, a 30-06, a .300 magnum, etc. Labeling a rifle an "assault weapon" does not make it anymore deadly than any other rifle. And banning all these weapons from law abiding citizens will do absolutely nothing to stop crime or stop crazy people from doing crazy things. Thats the thing that anti-gun people don't or refuse to realize. Did China's strict gun laws stop a 17 year old kid from killing 9 people and wounding 4 others? Nope. And guess what. He didn't even use a gun. He did this with a knife. He killed nearly as many people with a knife as the Aurora shooter did with a shotgun, a rifle and two handguns.

The bottom line is that gun control does not work. It will never work.

100% agree.

We don't need gun control, we need crime control.

I wouldn't need to carry a weapon if I could carry a cop in my pocket.

100% agree.

We don't need gun control, we need crime control.

I wouldn't need to carry a weapon if I could carry a cop in my pocket.

According to this article the average response time of police in Atlanta was 11 minutes 12 seconds for high priority calls. There's a lot of poo that can hit the fan in 11 minutes. I'll keep my guns.

According to this article the average response time of police in Atlanta was 11 minutes 12 seconds for high priority calls. There's a lot of poo that can hit the fan in 11 minutes. I'll keep my guns.

That's plenty of time for someone to shoot me and then disappear. Miami is one of the worst cities for crime and whatnot.