the Fitness Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should link those! Im actually going to buy a pair of those after i get moved into my new apartment! My brother and two of my good buddies have then, they have nothing but nice things to say about them. I'm pretty excited about it, lol.

Funny you should link those! Im actually going to buy a pair of those after i get moved into my new apartment! My brother and two of my good buddies have then, they have nothing but nice things to say about them. I'm pretty excited about it, lol.

Just remember that they're meant to be used on grass and such. I know some people say that you can run barefoot on tarmac, but until I see some clear evidence, I'm not convinced. Humans were made to run barefoot on grass and such. Not tarmac. Other than that I see good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Just start out slowly.

Ps. I've heard that they start to stink faster than regular shoes. So leave them outside to dry for like 6h after running.

Just remember that they're meant to be used on grass and such. I know some people say that you can run barefoot on tarmac, but until I see some clear evidence, I'm not convinced. Humans were made to run barefoot on grass and such. Not tarmac. Other than that I see good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Just start out slowly.

Ps. I've heard that they start to stink faster than regular shoes. So leave them outside to dry for like 6h after running.

If you use the right kind of them, That are made for running on hard surfaces, They work very well. But yes some of the designs are not ment for running on tarmac and the such. But they are advanced enough that they even have trail rated vibrams now.

The trick is to slowly work your way into them, otherwise you'll get end up pulling muscles and tendons, even fracturing bones. Because your foot is not used to certain muscles that shoes normally protect, but after a few weeks, and you've broken both the shoes and your feet into them, they really shine.

I've never heard anything about my brothers stinking... but they are all machine washable and air dried, so im not too worried about it, lol. But then again, i do have some wicked stinky feet sometimes... tongue.gif

Moved up squat day to today since I'm heading down to Maryland for the weekend. Decided to go for 315x1 instead of 330, good call. Luckily next week is deload week, I'm in need of a break.

I'm in the awkward stage where the third notch on my lifting belt doesn't provide enough support, but the second notch makes me feel like I'm going to pass out while squatting.

• 1 month later...

So I started running and completely changed my diet two weeks ago. I burn around 3000 a day without exercise, and I used to eat about 3500, it was heaven. Now I'm down to 1700 plus I run (or other cardio) every day, and work out every once in a while. I lost ten pounds since then, so five a week. I lost more than 10 pounds of fat though, since I've had some pretty decent muscle gains. I'm gonna keep on going until I go to college, hopefully I'll be ripped by then. I haven't been ripped in like two years. :lol:

I keep meaning to post in this thread but am too lazy to go looking for it. Dropped below 220 for the first time in a while and hit a double bodyweight deadlift last Monday, 445@218.

The thread seems to have fallen asleep....is no one exercising anymore?? :D

I was thinking about this thread the other day in fact and wondering the same thing :P

Looks like I have to buy some stupid gloves as I am getting forced to enter a tournament in June. :erm: I hate tournaments, they are SO lame@! Oh well I will use it as training and work on my footwork.