Need opinions on psu

Nyt

Hey guys,

Since I've just got my extra 5870 , I need more power to get a stable overclock.

I went for 1200 watts since I dont want to have to upgrade the psu again .

What do you think of this 1200 watt psu ?

Edited by Nyt Ryda

I wanted the Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200 watt but my local store wont have them in stock till December and I cant wait that long ...

But this Corsair looks cool and has a lot of connectors.

I have the AX850 and its a great power supply. The only thing that annoyed me was that the cables a fairly short and I had to use an extender for the 8pin power and some of the sleeving stopped short of the connector a bit too far back. If I can find some decent sleeving kits here in NZ I will redo some of it.

The AX1200 is an awesome power supply.

I have 2 HX850s, a cx400, and a tx650, and planning on getting an AX850 to run dual 850s for my FERMI 2 build.

Their warranty is amazing too, i Rma'd one of my 850s and they shipped quick, and replied to my email RMA request in less than 20 minutes.

Do the AX1200, you wont go wrong at all!!

cheers

ive had 2 corsair PSUs , i am very happy with both, wont buy another brand ever

Well that's kinda silly....

anyway Corsairs, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax and probably a few more I can't think of are awesome brands.

Seems like the Corsairs and XFXs are the cheapest these days while being just as quality as the others

Of the ones IVI listed, only Seasonic and Enermax actually makes the internals. Corsair and XFX both use Seasonic in some of the PSUs they sell, but all the internals they use come from the OEM which is Seasonic.

For a PSU, I always like to recommend a Seasonic, Seventeam, Enhance, or Enermax unit because they actually make the internals themselves. Most every PSU on the market has an internal by Seasonic, Seventeam, FSP, Channel Well Tech, Topower, High Power, Sirtec, AcBel, or Enhance. Enermax makes their own but I don't believe they actually are an OEM for anyone but them. Corsair uses Seasonic, Channel Well Tech, and Flextronics. Only the AX1200 is by Flextronics, the others are Seasonic or CWT parts.

Of the ones IVI listed, only Seasonic and Enermax actually makes the internals. Corsair and XFX both use Seasonic in some of the PSUs they sell, but all the internals they use come from the OEM which is Seasonic.

For a PSU, I always like to recommend a Seasonic, Seventeam, Enhance, or Enermax unit because they actually make the internals themselves. Most every PSU on the market has an internal by Seasonic, Seventeam, FSP, Channel Well Tech, Topower, High Power, Sirtec, AcBel, or Enhance. Enermax makes their own but I don't believe they actually are an OEM for anyone but them. Corsair uses Seasonic, Channel Well Tech, and Flextronics. Only the AX1200 is by Flextronics, the others are Seasonic or CWT parts.

Someone knows their stuff! :whoa:

I knew that XFX and Corsair are "rebranded" Seasonics but I wonder why they are so much cheaper than the Seasonics, I knew I was forgetting another S (Seventeam).

Enermax building their PSUs all their own doesn't do them justice since they're always WAY overpriced, where as Seasonics are just slightly over the Corsairs and XFXs