Nyt's GTX560 benches and results

Nyt

Hey guys,

So as you know, I sold my 7970 CF and was planning on getting a GTX680 but the bulk of the ASUS/MSI/Giga cards arrive mid April in SA and the MSI Lightning 680 will come later so I thought why not break my upgrading pattern and get a a card thats not too pricey but one that I can sell later on and not make too much of a loss on it.

This way I can still play games at 1080p albeit medium settings while the 680s drop in price here is SA after the release and wait for competitive prices . Maybe GK110 will come soon as well...

So , I settled on a cheap GTX560 I found online.

Its the MSI GTX560 1Gb Twin Frozr :) (Non-Ti since Ti is too expensive for like 50sp :P ) Its 256bit which is a plus since most cheap cards are 128bit and has great overclockability and cooling :)

So this is a my topic for discussion (about the performance of this card, overclockability, gaming performance or just about why I left 7970s and am downgrading :P ) and for benchmarks at stock and overclocked :)

Should be getting the card on Friday :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did you loose selling the 7970s?

Money that is.

Edit: I should be pulling one of my 560s and be selling it soon. Back to one card no more sli.

Wanna little comp for gpu scores only? Your CPU will kill my 2500k that's only sitting under a 212+.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Money that is.

I lost much less than if I kept them and sold them when GK110 comes out :P

Edit :

Edit: I should be pulling one of my 560s and be selling it soon. Back to one card no more sli.

Wanna little comp for gpu scores only? Your CPU will kill my 2500k that's only sitting under a 212+.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that :) But do you have the normal or Ti version of the 560 ?

Money that is.

well he lost that $100 bet with waco about them :teehee:

well he lost that $100 bet with waco about them :teehee:

Not actually since Im not getting 680s only one :lol: Havent even decided if one is worth it since GK110 and Terrife is so soon

You must be the only one in the world who is 'upgrading' their setup from 7970CF to single GTX560 to accommodate for future update.

This thread gets 1 star rating from me.

Your post gets one star rating from me :P