NF4 Ultra-D> help choosing 6800Gt card (eVGA, Leadtek?)

Guest edge130_merged

if I plan on getting an evga card and OCing it close to ultra speed if not that, would I be needing to replace my stock fan? I plan on running a Logisys 3dcooler around my gpu as well to give it that extra cooling. would I be better off with a leadtek for that reason or still evga?

You need this.

video.jpg

That is the end-all-be-all for air cooling on the 6800GT. Temps are insane. I have it on my BFG 6800GT and I can't tell you how happy I am with it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are you going to save to trade up. If your only going to saVE 100 DOLLARS I WOULD NEVER TRADE UP ESPECIALLY oops caps , especially if they only give you 10 more days . There doing it for there own good they don't give a damm about you. DOn't trade it keep it or sell it on Ebay for what it is worth . No offense EVGA support sucks they don't know squat . Only there developers do and you'll never get ahold of them. Peace

JCamaro dont forget that you only have 3 months to trade in a evga card once you buy it. Warranty is good for life on all evga cards bought as of June 25.

Anyways as I said I'm going through the step-up program as of now. I should be getting my evga 7800gtx KO next week. I will let you know how it goes (sweet deal to be getting a card that is 1.5 to 2 times better than a 6800gt-for $100 more, no complaints here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edge130

:nod: Thanks to all!

I wound up getting the eVGA 6800GT PCI-e from Club-IT.com.

It was $299 and had a $20 mail in rebate.

I run Dual EVGA 6800GT's and I absolutely love them. They are a great buy, easy to OC, and highly stable. I just scored a 10,438 today with my system with these puppies with 3dMark05. Also note that the step up program only applies to WITHIN 90 days of original purchase! which means after that 90 day period you just have to pay like everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got my 7800gtx Ko through eVGA step-up program. Man what a sweet card - big difference compared to my old 6800gt. Plus this one has a lifetime warranty :nod:

The only downside to this monster card is the space it takes up, which is bad if you have a dfi sli-dr mobo. Because it blocks 2 of the 4 nforce4 sata ports and if I was to go sli, the other 2 sata ports would be blocked also. I'm not going the sli route but for those who are and have more than 4 sata devices to connect will be faced with some choices to make.