Venice wont go over 2792 Mhz

ivanvt

Well, i have 2 problems the first one is that my venice 3800+ wont go over 2792 Mhz, ive raised the voltage up to 1.71 volts without any luck, ive tried using LDT Multi 2x or 3x with these combinations 310 Mhz x 9, 279 x 10. 11x54, etc.

The second problem is:

Ive run memtest for 2 hours running at DDR680 (HTT 340 Mhz)1:1 3-4-4-5 [email protected] without any problems, i even work in windows for at least 20 min running memory benchmarks. (all of this with my CPU Multiplier at 4x and LDT at 2x)

But when i change my CPU Multiplier to 7x or 8x (HTT 340Mhz, LDT 2x, Memory at DDR680 1:1 3-4-4-5. My computer wont boot.

What seems to be the problem? My MoBo HTT can handle it? My CPU is tested stable up to 2792 Mhz so if i tried HTT 340 and CPU 8x = 2720 (with up to 1.71v)

Doubt you'll get much more than that, mine maxes out at 9x312, anything above that is highly unstable, no matter what dividers/bios settings/volts i try. The cpu as hit its' max it seems.

what volts are your LDT and Chipset at? I bet you need to increase them for stable, but never been that high myself so i dontknow

I haven't seen any effect from increasing the LDT or Chipset voltages. Of course, my CPU doesn't even respond to higher voltage - I get to about 2.6GHz on stock and it just won't do anything over that, even with significantly more voltage. Oh well, I won't classy lady about a 800MHz overclock. :P

Well, i have 2 problems the first one is that my venice 3800+ wont go over 2792 Mhz, ive raised the voltage up to 1.71 volts without any luck, ive tried using LDT Multi 2x or 3x with these combinations 310 Mhz x 9, 279 x 10. 11x54, etc.

The second problem is:

Ive run memtest for 2 hours running at DDR680 (HTT 340 Mhz)1:1 3-4-4-5 [email protected] without any problems, i even work in windows for at least 20 min running memory benchmarks. (all of this with my CPU Multiplier at 4x and LDT at 2x)

But when i change my CPU Multiplier to 7x or 8x (HTT 340Mhz, LDT 2x, Memory at DDR680 1:1 3-4-4-5. My computer wont boot.

What seems to be the problem? My MoBo HTT can handle it? My CPU is tested stable up to 2792 Mhz so if i tried HTT 340 and CPU 8x = 2720 (with up to 1.71v)

Have to tried to use a divider to find out what your cpu max Mhz is?

each of these setup's have a max cpu, max memory, AND max HTT. I guess it's possible to max out the HTT and not even max out the cpu or ram. Also, it seems some cpu's just don't like certain multi's. For example, someone may be able to reach 2700 with 300 x 9, but as soon as they try 270 x 10, 245 x 11, or 337 X 8, (which is all = 2700), it's unstable. Ive even read where some can't use certain multi's to even get a lower total mhz.

each of these setup's have a max cpu, max memory, AND max HTT. I guess it's possible to max out the HTT and not even max out the cpu or ram. Also, it seems some cpu's just don't like certain multi's. For example, someone may be able to reach 2700 with 300 x 9, but as soon as they try 270 x 10, 245 x 11, or 337 X 8, (which is all = 2700), it's unstable. Ive even read where some can't use certain multi's to even get a lower total mhz.

Then is time to start testing again with dif multis. is a shame i cant use high HTT.

The second problem is:

Sounds like you have reached the cap on that chip. Really anything above stock you should be greatefull and anthing above 2.7ghz with a Venice is luck. Im not certain how long you had that CPU but a little more burn-in will allow higher but you need to do it right or you'll never hit that 3ghz barrier. I was planning on running my cpu a month longer at 2.4ghz before I was gonna push the 3ghz barrier. I was able to post at 2.7ghz with stock voltage so I gotta a good felling with this one I got :nod: