Seasonic 600w vs OCZ 600w

GalacticS

Between the Seasonic S12 (600watt) and the OCZ Powerstream (600watt) what would you all get?

I am very concerned with noise, hence my lookinig into the Seasonic.

Can anyone tell me how loud the OCZ is?

Thank you

Guest Aphex

The S12 is so ridiculously better by several orders of magnitude than the OCZ that it's not even funny. You shouldn't even be asking yourself this question, you should be out to Newegg checking out with it!

Got a S12-500 two months ago and never looked back. :cool:

The S12 is so ridiculously better by several orders of magnitude than the OCZ that it's not even funny. You shouldn't even be asking yourself this question, you should be out to Newegg checking out with it!

Why in the world do you say that? Got any side by side comparison reviews? Do they have adjustable rails?

Well that comment would basically have me getting a OCZ (if I didn't allready have 1 that is :dog: )

From what I have read on this board most consider the OCZ Powerstream to be one of the best powersupplies on the market. However I faced the same choice you do and went with the Seasonic. It does not have adjustable rails and the cords seemed a little short to me, but I chose it because it was a little cheaper, silent, and more efficient. So far it has had no problem with the system in my sig, rails have been stable. If you are looking for quiet the choice is easy - Seasonic.

Take that with a grain of salt.

The OCZ 600W PowerStream has performed flawlessly for me. At one time I had 11 hard drives hanging off of it with absolutely no voltage sag.

I would say that the OCZ is no louder than the Fortron Blue Storm or Enermax 465 that are running in the same room.

Don't forget that OCZ has direct support in the forum. You can PM AndyOCZ if you have any questions.

I have had my computer on with the OCZ and had to get right up next to it and look for a LED to know it was on. Past a certain point it doesn't matter if one PSU more silent than another. Just how much more quiet than I cant here it does a PSU need to be?

OCZ plus- very stable rails low measured signal noise efficient quiet and external rails.

OCZ minus- more expensive but with a good warranty.

Don't have a SS the reviews were good but not better than the OCZ in any category except more silent :rolleyes:

as far as noise goes, if I turn off all of my case fans and slow down the fan on my zalman, I still can't hear my seasonic.

Had the circumstances that led to my buying my S12 600 been slightly different (this),I most likely would have gone with the OCZ instead of the seasonic.

hank you all for your input. Was going to go with the Seasonic, but looks like the ocz isn't that loud (and performance wise definitely outperforms the Seasonic). As long as it isn't as loud as a Silverstone Zeus (terribly loud).

Thank you all again for your opinions.

it is ridiculous statements like this without a shred of evidence to back them up that makes tech support so insanely hard sometimes....some person comes in and makes such a ridiculous statement and people blindly latch onto it and end up sorry for it later.

I've never owned a seasonic, but I do own a few OCZ's including the Powerstream 600w and it is simply a flawless, very stable, very efficient, relatively quiet power supply that i would easily purchase/recommend to everyone and anyone without questioning it

(it is my main lab psu that has stood the test of time with all my harshest NF4 overclocks with plenty of SATA II drives, 6800GT/X850/6600GT SLI/etc, watercooling, etc etc etc)

on top of that, OCZ has reps in the forum to assist you, as well as maybe the best customer/tech support in the world. I dont see any Seasonic reps here nor do I know much about them other than they make psu's (or have them made by a 3rd party and brand them like most other psu makers do)