Laser eye treatment

Jadawin

I had it done to my left eye, 4:30h ago. And it was painless, is still painless and I can see perfect now. Amazing. I can highly recommend the LASIK procedure, it sounds 1000x more scary than it is.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered about getting it done. I know it costs a lot but when i consider how much i spend on contact lenses it'd probably pay for itself eventually lol.

I've got astigmatism in one eye though, so i wonder if they can sort that out...

I had perfect vision till i was about 13 then bam, short sightedness kicked in...

Guest Tyler

I am close to getting it done myself. I am almost legally blind. Its about $3,500 around here for both eyes, but it will be worth it.

Think of all the PC hardware I could buy with that money! :)

I've got better than 6/6 vision, so I'm not at all in the market for laser surgery, but all the stuff I've read about it causing problems to viewing stuff in the dark make me wary of the procedure...

just wondering if you have tried driving at night? i have heard streaking lights is a common problem among people who have gone through this procedure. (can't remember if it happens right after the surgery or later in life)

zelig, just read your post. nice to know i am not the only person that knows this.

Meh, my mother had lasik done in uhhhhhhhmmmmm, 1987 or 1986 and has had night blurring / some small amount of night blindness ever since. This is why I mentioned R. K and my reluctance to undergo the lasik. :) *(Emphasis on a minimal amount, but according to her it was percievable.)

I think every nerd with glasses on the earth has ponderd this procedure as an asthetic improvement.

One of the largest eye care centers in the area is a customer so I get to see all the new stuff before they start using it on patients.

RK is old skool.

LASIK is the new tech.

RK left cut marks in the cornea which contributed to the "starburst" pattern when looking at a bright object on a dark background. This kept many RK patients from driving at night after the procedure.

There are several new LASIK techniques that have resolved the lingering vision problems. The newest cuts a flap from the top of the cornea. The material to reshape the cornea is removed from the exposed area then the flap is closed.

They also have corneal implants that reshape the cornea without any laser or gross cutting required. Just a couple of insert punctures and your done.

I've been blessed with very good vision so I haven't required glasses or any corrective action YET!

me too, i have very vision, a little better than 20/20 according to the eye dude that gives the physicals at skool. i hear that lasik can noth you up to 20/15 vision, not sure on its valitidy though. about night vision, i can very faintly make out objects in pitch black dark, but can see movement out of the corner of my eye very easly, in dark i see better out of the corner of my eyes anyhoo but not in front of me, mabye is cause of staring at a CRT all the time :nod:

but i am only 17 so im still a youngin ;)

@Jadawin: I'm glad that the surgery went well for you and that you are happy with the results.

I have had 20/20 vision all of my life until I hit about 40. Then my eyes started to fail and I have to now wear reading glasses, because I can't see the fine print.

My father, had cataracts, and had laser surgery performed at a VERY prestigious eye hospital, Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. He had very good results and was very satisfied with their excellent care.