TwinMOS SpeedPremium is Bad!

God damn I'm pissed off now! Someone PLEASE help me!

I have two sticks of 512MB TwinMOS SpeedPremium PC3500 BH-5, and I can run them 260mhz [email protected] in single channel (tested memtest & prime 24hours stable). But when I use both of them I cant even get above 200mhz! WTF is wrong? I've tried and testet 5-6 different bios versions and so many different memory settings I'm about to puke!

Does anyone get this memory working in dual-channel? Or can anyone please give me some suggestion?

If I cant get them working in dualchannel i'll give them to my dog as a chewing toy!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do a64's even support 1.5 cas latency? it may show up as giving you more bandwith but your probably going to have to test it with real-world apps (or even superpi 32m) to check

its possible your memory controller is weaker but try 2-2-2-x and see if it runs in DC

I've used just about every program available to test stability with one stick (including superpi 32m), and it's stable as a rock! All the problems starts when I try using both sticks at the same time!

BTW: Both sticks are produced in the same week and are the excact same model , so the problem is not the sticks beeing different pcb, chip and so on.

@Amarios,

Clear the CMOS on the board....put 1 stick in....power up...go into bios...enable memtest....save and exit....when board reboots to memtest...take note of the timings displayed......Now power down remove stick and insert the other....power up....note timings in memtest....are they different?

If they are....that is the problem....SPD's are programmed different and this can cause these kinds of problems. It doesn't always cause this problem...but it can, even when you are setting the timings manually.

RyderOCZ: That was not the problem, did what you said and both sticks had the same timing...

MassiveOverkill: Good for you...... ;)

BTW: running at 2,8ghz cpu and ram @253mhz 1.5-2-2-2 3,4volt without any problems so far. with one stick ofcourse (goes well with eighter of them) But NOT with both at the same time.....this is really killing me!

try this trick which will make me run my value VX @ DDr400 2-2-2-8 @ 2.5volt only and wil let me reach my max # 3.4 which is DDR518

" in the Dram timings page in bios in the bottom half of the page set everything to auto , starting from DQS Skew Control set it and the rest to auto except the last thing keep it disabled and the DQS Skew Value to zero"