My New Computer

Badams66

Ok my dad finally brought my new computer home (saposed to be here 2 weeks ago) and i was just wondering what everyone thinks of it! (don't compare it to your setup, just tell me what you would think if you had this computer)! This is all stock so im open to opinions on upgrades! In total with tax and all this cost me $450 (Canadian dollars)

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1.67 GHz

K7 Triton GA-7VKMP Motherboard By Gigibyte

256 MB DDR RAM

Powerland Tower

S3 ProSavageDDR

Windows XP Home SP1

WDC 40GB HD

1/2" Floppy Drive

Creative 52X Cd-Rom (Already got a new one on order, CD-R, RW, DVD)

Realtek Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

If i forgot to mention somthing that you would like to know just leave a message and ill tell you

And i heard the multiplier and stuff is locked on this setup but im gonna ask everyone just to make sure! Is it locked? :lol:

Edited by Tyme_66

if thats the compaq/hp or whatever the other comps you were asking about then the answer is yes the bios are locked

i would say get a different vid card but over all not a bad system

Hey:

For the money it's a cool system. I only see two real hangups.

Like they all siad the Video will give you the blues if you turn on any effects at all. The other thing is a 40Gig HD is pretty small if you load up lot's of games. The good news is you can always take them off, but if your an install nut and play lot's of different games you might have to watch that.

Have fun

ok so far they have said you need more ram, a better videocard, and a bigger hdd. lol thats a lot of upgrading.

i would get another 60/80gig hdd

256mb more ram

and mabye a geforce4Ti 4200 or something along those lines.

if thats the compaq/hp or whatever the other comps you were asking about then the answer is yes the bios are locked

i would say get a different vid card but over all not a bad system

No its not the compaq or the HP, this is the one that my dad built with parts from work and from Powerland Computers

Also as far as the Video card goes, well i haven't had any problems yet but ill look into another one when i get my cd-rom and a job :lol: ! And as far as HD space goes, well im not having many problems yet but if i need to then i could just take out the 20GB HD from my old computer! And the ram.....well i don't know whats wrong with 256 since my old computer had 64mb :lol: , but, like i said, once i get a job then maybe i can look into that too! Thanks for all your opinions too!

Edited by Tyme_66

I think that computer is sweet its similar to mine. im getting a new overclocking machine but nice comp dunno what the heck that vid card is but w/e and ram 256 more and youll be seeing a difference bigtime.