OCZ Gold 3200 2x512MB (BH-5 UTT) = $139.55 @ newegg.com (updated 10/05

Angry_Games

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting my PC assembled, and the guys want to flash the latest official BIOS (623). Would that be recommended for use with my RAM (Platinum Rev. 2)? Or should I stick to 310 (my mobo will probably ship with that BIOS)? Personally, I'd like them to flash 510-3 or 510-2, but I think that's a beta BIOS. Will it void my warranty if I use the 510-3/510-2 BIOS?

The VX is Winbond CH die UTT and the 3200 Gold is BH die UTT.

The 3200VX will do somehere above 230mhz at 2-2-2 and the 3200 Gold will do the same or better. None of this is guranteed, but we have many happpy users of the PC3200 Gold around here.

I personally like the 3200 Gold best for the DFI NF4 board.

I'm discussing the pros and cons of CH-5 and BH-5 here. The Gold 3200/Gold 3200 VX is a classic BH-5 v CH-5 case.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...2118#post162118

bh-5 is the better die because of the thicker wafer. it can handle the high voltages with more tolerance.

im trying to blackmail Andy to send me more more more of this 3200 Gold...but its cheap enough I could just buy it (and then beat it out of AndyGuitarBreakerOCZ)

bh-5 is the better die because of the thicker wafer. it can handle the high voltages with more tolerance.

im trying to blackmail Andy to send me more more more of this 3200 Gold...but its cheap enough I could just buy it (and then beat it out of AndyGuitarBreakerOCZ)

Hey that guitar was already broken. Steve Vai must nave come over and whammied it to death. No memory for you fool!;)

check the downloads page for your board. you need to decide whether or not to flash to a beta bios. I only use the 5/10-2 which is a beta. You need to be sure and read the red disclaimer on the beta pages for your board.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/dow...TYPE=MB&SITE=NA

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/dow..._FLAG=B&SITE=NA

Okay. The description for the N4LD510T1.zip BIOS says:

Remark: Recommended to keep your system within previous BIOS except your system is been upgraded with particular spec. below.

1.Support AMD Dual Core CPU. 2.Support TCCD DDR Module and High CAS# Latency DDR Module.

My new RAM is TCC5 if I'm not mistaken. Will my RAM work allright with the 310 BIOS? I guess so, because AndyOCZ says: "Use the orange slots and 310 Official BIOS or any -3 Beta BIOS variant for best results with Samsung TCCD/TCC5." So, what does the "Support TCCD DDR Module" add? I want to run my RAM in DDR Dual Channel mode.

I see that many people are using the 510 BIOS, and reporting it as stable. I'm pretty sure it won't cause any harm to my system. If however, I get a faulty board that suffers from something, well, anything that isn't caused by the BIOS, will my warranty still be void if I've used the 510 BIOS?

For others to read, the disclaimer for BETA BIOS'es:

The BIOS and Drivers in this section are still under evaluation. Please be advised that warranty will be voided for any damages caused by these BIOS/Drivers on your system and DFI is not liable for such damages. If you are looking for the latest released BIOS/Drivers, please visit our DOWNLOAD site to obtain the latest BIOS/Drivers.

Hey that guitar was already broken. Steve Vai must nave come over and whammied it to death. No memory for you fool!;)

hehehe vai sure can beat the hell outta an instrument, but so can his buddy Satch whom I happen to be a big fan of, but being a fan of Vai just makes the OCZ guys that much cooler

ok, I dont want to hijack the thread, now back to the regular post :) so your saying the VX is CH based, interesting, Playah and Shinobi are highly suggesting something other than the UTT BH as it seems to not play nice with the NF2 Infinity so maybe I should consider a set of that, and save the Mushkin blue UTT BH for an nf4 later, it should behave much like the Gold I would think

shoot golds cheap enough, maybe sell the mushkin or trade towards some gold maybe

:sweat:

hehehe vai sure can beat the hell outta an instrument, but so can his buddy Satch whom I happen to be a big fan of, but being a fan of Vai just makes the OCZ guys that much cooler

ok, I dont want to hijack the thread, now back to the regular post :) so your saying the VX is CH based, interesting, Playah and Shinobi are highly suggesting something other than the UTT BH as it seems to not play nice with the NF2 Infinity so maybe I should consider a set of that, and save the Mushkin blue UTT BH for an nf4 later, it should behave much like the Gold I would think

shoot golds cheap enough, maybe sell the mushkin or trade towards some gold maybe

I'm more of an SRV/Albert Collins/Anson Fuderburgh/Jimmie Vaughn/Lonnie Mack/BB King kind of player. Give me a solid 12 bar and watch out. :sweat: