OCZ Gold 3200 2x512MB (BH-5 UTT) = $139.55 @ newegg.com (updated 10/05

Angry_Games

I got these set of ocz gold. i set them 1T, 2-2-2-5, 2.9v, 200mhz, everything else auto. but my system's always crashing into blue error screens. sometimes it says IRQL_OR_NOT_EQUAL, but it's not always consistent what it says. This usually happens when i load my windows. is this possibly be the mobo defect or just that i suck as memory settings?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A64 Venice 3200+, 1gb(512MB x 2) OCZ gold, DFI NF4 Ultra-D mother board, RAdeon X800XL 256Mb, 200GB seagate, and Antec Neopower 480W, (I don't know how to check my bios version, it would be appreciated if someone can help me find out my bios ver.)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got these set of ocz gold. i set them 1T, 2-2-2-5, 2.9v, 200mhz, everything else auto. but my system's always crashing into blue error screens. sometimes it says IRQL_OR_NOT_EQUAL, but it's not always consistent what it says. This usually happens when i load my windows. is this possibly be the mobo defect or just that i suck as memory settings?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A64 Venice 3200+, 1gb(512MB x 2) OCZ gold, DFI NF4 Ultra-D mother board, RAdeon X800XL 256Mb, 200GB seagate, and Antec Neopower 480W, (I don't know how to check my bios version, it would be appreciated if someone can help me find out my bios ver.)

Hi, you will need top flash your BIOS. If you don't know what it is, it is OLD. Try the 618-2 Beta BIOS.

Running auto timings often does not work well at all. Try these timings:

In Genie Bios:

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.500v

1.500v

above VID 0 or auto

1.30v

1.50v

2.8v-2.9v as needed for stability

DRAM Settings:

enable

16 or 14

03 or 02

02 or 01

03 or 02

0648, 2560 or 3120 (Try 0648 first. If it's stable, leave it be)

auto

enabled

auto

level 8

level 2

auto

disable

disable

Where I show an option, use the higher number first. When these conservative settings prove stable, you can try the lower numbers shown if you desire. Change one setting at a time and check for stability before trying the next one.

Let us know how you do.

dude...go to sleep

Isn't he in the UK?? or somewhere other than the west coast?? Prolly his early morning, or is that MarcusOCZ?? Gotta be one of them. Funny though. Also I wonder how many times you have actually posted the same settings over and over and ov....well you get the point. I have seen these everywhere, seriously. At least there isn't any excuse about where to find them. :)

-Freez

dude...go to sleep

ME! Go curl up with Jacky the cat and "mamma" and hit the hay yourself mang. Chico the Chiuahua is being a traitor 2night and is in bed with the in-laws, and my "mamma" is in St Loius on business. I sleep alone once again. :sad:

Isn't he in the UK?? or somewhere other than the west coast?? Prolly his early morning, or is that MarcusOCZ?? Gotta be one of them. Funny though. Also I wonder how many times you have actually posted the same settings over and over and ov....well you get the point. I have seen these everywhere, seriously. At least there isn't any excuse about where to find them. :)

-Freez

I be in San Diego California :)

I be in San Diego California :)

Aww, yet another west coasterner, or somethin like that. Late nights are what I live for. The best testing/OC'n/BS'n time to have. When the womans in bed and I can actually think, well at least I think I think....lol Sometimes I confuse myself. Besides, Seattle never sleeps, right?

-Freez

Hi, you will need top flash your BIOS. If you don't know what it is, it is OLD. Try the 618-2 Beta BIOS.

Running auto timings often does not work well at all. Try these timings:

In Genie Bios:

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.500v

1.500v

above VID 0 or auto

1.30v

1.50v

2.8v-2.9v as needed for stability

DRAM Settings:

enable

16 or 14

03 or 02

02 or 01

03 or 02

0648, 2560 or 3120 (Try 0648 first. If it's stable, leave it be)

auto

enabled

auto

level 8

level 2

auto

disable

disable

Where I show an option, use the higher number first. When these conservative settings prove stable, you can try the lower numbers shown if you desire. Change one setting at a time and check for stability before trying the next one.

Let us know how you do.

How can I find the bios 618-2. I only see up to 510-a/b Also it seems that many people are using 510-b beta for these gold BH-5 memory. should i try 510b? or is there any recommendable for the officially released bios?

I got my Golds to be stable up to about 234 on 3.1v thanks to much diligance and the instuction http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442 thanks Mark. This is as far as i got in the burn-in with my current psu, although my OCZ Powerstream should be arriving tomorrow so i can continue(finally). Two questions. First, i believe angry suggested to use tictacs bios to get the 4.0vdimm. Is that the only one or are there any other suggestions, if so please drop a link. Secondly how exactly do i go about changing the volts, i know that i just adjust them on the psu but is there a specific order i should do things in so i dont mess it up?

First, i believe angry suggested to use tictacs bios to get the 4.0vdimm. Is that the only one or are there any other suggestions, if so please drop a link. Secondly how exactly do i go about changing the volts, i know that i just adjust them on the psu but is there a specific order i should do things in so i dont mess it up?

if you want more than 3.1v selectable then you have to use a modified bios.

as for the psu adjusting...follow the psu stuff in this thread:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12085