Digital Photography

Cute!

Had friend back home that had a pair of mountain lions as pets, i think they had to go to the zoo once they hit 200lbs or something, but damn were they fun to play with. Just like a dog, but more badass. :)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow how do you get those pictures so clear and good?

Quality optics and image sensor coupled with good processing of the captured image.

Lots of light helps saturate the image sensor so it can generate the best possible image with the least amount of noise.

Image compression is the boogey man of good images. Lots of cameras boast "5 megapixels" then compress the image down to 1MB before saving it. You just lost 80% of your image quality since JPEG is a lossy compression.

I prefer to capture my images at native resolution then compress and resize them according to my taste individually based upon the subject. This leads to a higher quality final image. Of course this takes a lot of time and tweaking. This is the main reason I haven't posted any of my Katrina pics yet.

I see so the camera captures it at the highest resolution it can and then brings it down to the setting you have it on +compression, and you'd rather capture it at the highest already and leave it highest so that you can resize it later without loseing as much data. Am I right?

Great images there Matias.

We were not allowed to touch these cubs - the hand is actually one of the Monks ... but they do grow up to be rather large. :nod:

Thanks ncsa, I've read all the thread and found some beautifull pics. The one with the tiger is amazing.

Yes it is an experience that is hard to find elsewhere .. walking and 'playing' with unchained tigers is one to do if you ever get the chance ... PM me if you ever come out this way and I can guide you to the better places. :D

• 8 months later...

a blast from zee past!

ok, so I took momma to her first baseball game last night, our AA Boise Hawks (Chicago Cubs affiliate).

It was a beautiful evening, and I thought to take my camera once again to play with it

Keep in mind that my Canon A620 is still on Auto settings...I just haven't had a chance to fool around that much with it's manual settings...but it takes fantastic pictures.

The stadium won't allow tripods and unipods, so mr shakey-hands takes kinda crappy pics...plus there's netting all over the damn place so all my pics are from behind this safety netting =/

anyway, enjoy!

boise_hawks-1.jpg

boise_hawks-3.jpg

boise_hawks-6.jpg

boise_hawks-7.jpg

more images can be seen here:

http://www.angrygames.com/pics/baseball/

along with some full 1600x1200 pics (even if you hate baseball, just check them out and maybe it will make you want to take your son to a baseball game lol)

Great looking pics.

Baseball is something else, somehow more than just a sport, almost like a dance or a concert. Everyone should see a ballgame at least once in their life.

When you get a little more adventurous with your camera, you might try using it in program mode, the “P” setting on the little wheel. This works just like auto except you can change things like white balance or ISO speed and use manual focus. The camera still automatically sets everything it needs too but takes your settings into account. Or you can just leave it on “P” and it acts just like auto.

nad.jpg

Icelandic Poppy Bud