Digital Photography

Hey Angry. That spider is a type of jumping spider, no .. I am serious they can really jump! If you get your camera close enough he may just jump on it! I have had one in my open hand fingers stretched apart and this little guy went to the tip of my finger and jumped from finger tip to finger tip. lol Was funny as hell

yep they also chase lasers...we used to get them on our ceiling at the old house and so I'd get the laser pointer we use to play with the cats and I would shine it up on the ceiling and the little dudes would chase them haha.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some more from last night's Homecoming football game at Gooding High School (vs Valley High School)

http://www.angrygames.com/pics/random/good..._football-1.jpg

gooding_football-2.jpg

gooding_football-3.jpg

gooding_football-4.jpg

gooding_football-5.jpg

gooding_football-6.jpg

gooding_football-7.jpg

gooding_football-8.jpg

gooding_football-9.jpg

Gooding High School = red & black

Valley High School = blue & white

at some point my camera switched from 1600x1200 pics to 3072x2048 or something, so the quality deteriorated (always does at max settings). But I also figured out finally how to switch to ISO400 and set my shutter speed up to 1/320 - 1/500 without losing a lot of light (fast shutter speed for some reason makes things really dark but I'm not a photo pro so maybe wingspar can tell me why this is).

I'm finally getting serious about using my A620 to it's fullest extent, which of course will never be mistaken for a quality SLR and a zoom lens, but my cam still does pretty good, and the more I mess with it, the better my pics start to look.

I always dig sports and fast-action stuff. Most of these are me trying to capture the ball in the air (especially the one where the Valley guy is in a dive to catch and the ball just went through his arms hehe)

Hey, those are some pretty nice shots Angry. Getting just the right shot is very hard to do, main difference from pro to amateur is the amount of shots taken. A pro may shoot 800 shots and keep just one. The reason why you get less light when you use a faster shutter speed is simply because there is less time for the light to get in the lens. Using a larger aperture will let more light in any any given shutter speed, however this will affect your focus. This just a half butt explanation. Hopefully wingspar will set me straight hehe

ya i found the aperture setting and in the lcd screen it really washed out the scene with the amount of light it let in, but the instant I held the shoot button halfway down to take the focus, the scene ended up being just as dark (ie the same) as without messing with the aperture =-(

I still need to sit down and read the manual fully heh. My cam has one setting for shutter speed (can take it up to 1/1000 I think but I can't figure out how to get enough light even in bright sunlight!), and if I spin the little dial one click up it changes to a setting that controls aperture (but it's one or the other...it's a Canon A620)

I definitely know what you mean about taking all those pictures. I took 110 pics and those were the 8 best of them lol. I'm still wondering how the hell my camera changed from 1600x1200 to 3072x2048 or whatever the highest setting is =/

• 2 weeks later...
ah, so...my camera can do all of that except I don't have the polarizing filter =(

how much do they cost? are they camera/lens-specific?

If your camera has a screw fitting on the front of the lens or a bayonet fitting, you should be able to get a polorizing filter for it. In the US they should be between $20-$200. Like most things with photography, the better the quality the more it will cost, but for an average digital camera $20-$50 should cover it. They work at there best when at 90 degrees to the sun. Because they let less light in than most filters, in very bright conditions they are best left on full time.