4 debug lights

Yea im gonna call newegg.com on monday. I wondering if its because its a UT model. Did you get the UT or not? If its a bad batch of UT's Ill spend the extra $18 and get the regular.

Also is there a way to prevent this from happening again. I assume the bios got corrupt and nothing more. If that the case is there a way to have a external flasher on hand to flash it or an extra bios chip so one can be send back to DFI?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet dollars to doughnuts you guys are dealing with corrupt bios with 4 leds showing. Only reason I say this is based upon all the times I have had to deal with it. It would appear I have an uncanny ability to corrupt mine on a somewhat regular basis as of late. :rolleyes:

One thing you can do to avoid downtime is to acquire a RD1 Bios Savior. PMC-4 is the proper one for the DFI. This baby will save your butt more times than not.

If you are just interested in acquiring a spare chip, with a working bios, to have on hand for emergencies then hook with Tmod. He will fix ya up for a small fee.

But, if you end up like me and find yourself predisposed towards this kind of malady then you may want to invest in a bios programmer. I found the enhanced version (proper sockets for PLCC 32) on Ebay? for $50 and being the geek that I am....well, whats 50 bucks. Just gotta tinker, ya know.

damn. I just tried to take out bios chip with tool DFI gives you. Jesus. Unless Im doing something wrong I cant get the chip out.

Infact took the board out of case and I cant get it out. Tool keeps slipping off.

If I cant get it out of a mobo sitting on a desk there is no way Im gonna be able to hotswap with one inside a case.

You have not seated or bottomed out the tool if it slips off. It takes a touch of skill to do the task. Brute force is not the answer either but a gentle rock back and forth across the axis of the fully seated tool with pressure applied to squeeze the tool together > forces the tool feet down and applies upward force to pull the bios chip out. Skill and a progressively applied force will do it.

RGone...

ok, yet another update. Got a response from DFI RMA dept today and apparently everything is working on their end and there is nothing wrong with the mobo.. I forgot to tell them in my RMA form that I was using a San Diego processor as apart of my setup so I am not sure if they used that to test my mobo or the older winnies. Either way, I asked them to update me to the lastest BIOS so that I would have no problems w/ BIOS incompatibility. Now... I expect my motherboard here sometime nearing the end of this week or beginning of next, if it still fails to work than the only other thing left that I have been unable to test is my PSU.

So for those with the 4 LED Debug problems I would suggest on top of testing your CPU and RAM in another computer, update your BIOS (at a store or friends house) and test your PSU as well before sending to the RMA Dept. I spent my $70 for overnight shipping and I cant get it back, but I can help you guys not to make the same mistake=)

cheers and I'll update on what exactly was the culprit of my 4 led probs when I get my mobo back.