4 debug lights

yes, clear CMOS as directed the way AG says to do it. Tried my other VX ram in same slot and still no go. Will try to get my hands on some samsung ram tomorrow but for some reason I doubt its the ram since these two that I am trying are both brand new.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have access to a pci video card? Also may want to try a hard/long cmos clear as well. Remove battery, and all psu connections, and place cmos jumper to clear. Keep it this way for a few hours at least. Some suggest 8 hours (over night) Are you getting any beeps?

no, dont have a pci card=.. I tried the hard cmos reset, but only for 15 mins.. REALLY? 8 HOURS? holy.. if all else fails i guess ill give it a shot

btw, any particular reason why it would take this long? and has it been successful for some ppl in the past?

I think it has...This has been suggested by A_G and crew in the past......Just a long and hard brain drain...If there is something curupt this will hopefully clear it. I cannot not think of anything else you could try. Did u try the second pcie 16 slot?

yes, tried 2nd pcie as well.. ok, i will give the 8hour thing a shot tonite as i try to get some sleep without ripping out my hair over my pc probs.. thanks for the help

Not even a beep?

I know there's a lot of talk about "cold boot" and stuff, but I suggest you to confirm every piece of hardware is in proper working order before anything.......even if its new!

Bring your stuff to a friend's place and test out the components..........

I had a few boot up issues but they gave me some beep or indication of where the problem might be.............as according to the LEDs

yes, not even a beep! I found that wierd myself. My guess is that it may be the mobo but I havent touched it since I had my 3000 Winchester which was about 2 months ago. I cant really test my components out since everyone I know has a non-939 mobo=.. all i can do is test my ram and vid card (which i know is working already).

I was just building my computer today, and I have the exact same problem. I'm confused beyond belief.

My specs:

3200+ Venice.

1 gig OCZ VX.

DFI nf4 Lanparty UT Ultra-d.

FSP Blue storm 500W PSU.

MSI X800 XL.

XP-120 with Panaflo L1A.

I assembled the system and got the 4 leds, the problem was that there was no video. Okay, so I started to work backwards and isolated variables. First, I checked to make sure that the monitor was still working, check. I then check the memory, I swap out each stick and test in various slots (All combinations), no go, I try the sticks in a different computer, they work, I try some spare Kingston value ram sticks I got, no go. Okay, so the memory isn't the problem. Next I move to the VC, I test a spare PCI card in a different system... and it works. In my new system? Still no video. I test the PSU on my spare system, it runs... PSU is not the problem. This leaves the CPU (I'll test it tomorrow but I'm 99% sure this is not the problem), and the mobo. I just don't know what's wrong and if it can be corrected... I'd rather avoid the hassle of an RMA if I can.

I get no speaker beeps, but I do get the 4 LED's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I already tried all of the suggestions in this thread, CMOS clearing didn't do anything. I already checked the jumpers for correct configuration. I got all the proper power plugs inserted. I even tested it without them all. No fix.

I'm stumped, and I think I've done everything possible. If you guys can think of anything else it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Leds isn't that CPU not detected? (iirc)

And regarding the Powerdown I have never had to wait 8hrs. What i do is that I shut the computer down turn the PSU off remove power cable turn PSU on pres power on computer and then all residual charges from PSU and capacitors is enough to turn fans and light case up for about a second b4 everything dies and after that i reassamble. That is my really hard Boot process :dog:

I don't have a SD so I dont have any xp there sorry.

4 Leds isn't that CPU not detected? (iirc)

Does it not also mean that the mobo can be fubared? Ive had my RMA approved straight away by DFi because of this problem.

Upon its return, if its still buggered, then i can assume its the chip. I dont seem to have a selection s939 chips laying around to test unfortunately! :nod:

The proper Clear CMOS recovery from a "no boot" condition. Not to be confused with a Normal CMOS Clear.

Make sure your sig is up to date with all of the required information. This will assist the forum members with your issue.

You can not use a USB keyboard for this procedure. You must use a PS2 keyboard.

You will need your manual to find the jumpers that must be changed.

If you skip or miss any step you must start again since the results will not be valid.

Make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board(3 on the Expert)

# 24pin ATX connector.

# 4pin +12v P4 connector, near the ATX connector.

# Floppy power connector, under the CPU socket.

# Hard drive power connector, on top the chipset fan.(not used on the Expert)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2944&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=2945&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=2946&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=2947&stc=1

------

Remove power from the rig by pulling the plug or switching the PSU off.

Move the PC Speaker jumper to the ON position.

Remove the Battery. (DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY ON EXPERT OR VENUS BOARDS)

Move the CMOS jumper to CLEAR.

Press the Start Button on the case or motherboard to drain the capacitors.

You may leave the board in this condition for as long as it takes to clear the CMOS. If a short 30 second clear or a 15 minute clear doesn't work, try an 8 hour clear then a 24 hour clear.

Plug in a PS2 Keyboard.

Put one stick of RAM in the top orange slot marked DIMM2.(may vary on Infinity boards)

Replace the Battery.

Move the CMOS jumper to Normal.

Press and hold the Insert Key on the Keyboard.

Apply power to the rig by plugging the power in or using the switch on the PSU.

Press the Start Button to power the rig up.

When you hear the BEEP, release the Insert Key and press the Delete Key on the Keyboard.

Once you enter the BIOS set the DATE and TIME then Load Optimized Defaults.

Save and Exit.

Enter the BIOS again and set it up the way you want for your particular rig.

NEVER load any saved CMOS settings from CMOS Reloaded once you have a new BIOS installed.

------

Edited to include all current motherboards produced by DFI