NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Just for a suggestion, Place the memory sticks in slots "1 & 2" or "3 & 4".

The manual does not suggest using these slots for dual channel.

The only part the manual screws up is that it shows the orange slots as channel A and the yellow slots as Channel B.....however, if you look it says to put it in channel 1 & 3 for dual channel.....look on the board itself and it has the dimm slots printed....both orange slots = channel 1 & 3 and the yellow slots = channl 2 & 4....it'll say "Dimm1" or whatever actual channel it is right next to the dimm slot....so channel 1 & 2 would actually be the first orange and first yellow......hope that makes sense :P

That "cold boot" issue or whatever is still plagueing me.....a restart doesn't do it either....when I go to start up my computer nothing will be power on and I can hear the hard drives clicking....I gotta press the power button to shut it down, then power up again and it'll boot like normal........pretty freakin odd problem

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AG is talking about power supply units that have variable outputs for the voltages ...typically there are 3 "pots" or dials on the exterior of the PSU that are used to dial delivered voltage up or down (within limits). So, with one of these PSUs, you can present, say, +3.8V on the +3.3V line.

OCZ modstream 520

So this is THE new kid on the block? Should I sell my modded Antec True Control?

Having babies (the missus is) digs up black holes in mine hardware knowledge. Modding the storage room to a baby room (accidently it looks likes the standard MS-desktop picture and we're not Irish) and a complete bathroom overhaul also cuts deep in mine tweakin' time.

End of August it's due, I've reserved two domains depending on if it's a boy or a girl. What the heck she/he has her own domain, fast ethernet connection and a tablet-pc. What do want babies more these days?

I'm infected, I'm I blurred? Some people say ja (yes), I don't know let's wait and see it happen, hopefully heathy and complete

Sorry these things happen when your off guard and see and hear your own 32 weeks old mini-bork due to expect in hear/his mothers lovely belly.

@bork, congradulations with your new baby

@Rgone, this mem was some cheapo sub 150 dollar Mem on outpost.com I bought a while back, they used some NOS BH-5 which my lucky assed friend lucked out and got a real set of that and then they utilized some UTT BH and UTT CH so it was a crap shoot luck of the draw, the Mem is from thier so called Blue Line and I think it was a outpost only thing or something, I dunno theres a big post over on PCper about it and so I bought a set, I have yet to have access to a board that can give it volts and see what it can really do, but I have confirmed mines the UTT BH and I have high hopes for it, AG is always touting that OCZ set that uses UTT BH and since hes had good luck with it Im hoping for similar results

Why that OCZ powerstreams looking more tempting every day, and I think I have convinced myself that is the next PSU I purchase, and a DFI board of course

@ jeremywills, yep that was part of the memory I was referring to that was mostly outpost com stuff. I thought it got sort of 'iffy' at the end with it.

If you ever get to a power supply that has the adjustable rails > you will never have anything else as long as you remain a tweaker. You take many power supplies for years have had 3.26-8 volts instead of 3.3 volts. All memory voltage basically has come from the 3.3volt rail that has shown low all the time unless you had a 'super' power supply. Since there are circuit/trace drops on the board a real 3.3volt rail can only suppy about 3.1 volts safely. Get a board that allows 3.2 volts like this one and you get only 3.14-6 with the average power supply when set to 3.2volts memory. Get a PowerStream ADJ supply and turn the 3.3volt rail to a solid 3.48 volts and at 3.2volts in bios you will have about 3.28 and that is the 3.3Volts wihout even having 3.3vdimm choice available in the bios. Heheheheehe. Neat trick and have used it since the Abit NF7 boards and onto the DFI Rocket Sisters (NF2) and now on the ROCKET MONSTERS of NF4.

Overclocking is a privilege and not a right. Board makers give options and then it is all up to the user to do the work of a system intergrator to get all the parts and pieces suussed out to stand a chance of using all the tweaking options.

I mean it does me no good to talk much about the NF3939AGP and how mine runs because I might be doing 2685mhz but it is not where the average user can handle it. I have asked for 11 major changes to the board (D*mn, where is my proof writer? XXXXX/board INSERT BIOS) and I think they are very close on 6 of them or 7 as I would have to go look again. But when they send me that beta bios in a few days> it won't take me 15 minutes to know what is what. I do it every day. Just like 7 hours ago this X2 would not even load windows at 2780mhz but I am typing to you right now at 2900mhz with it. In a few days I will likely have it prime stable at 2850 or so and run it daily around 2800mhz. So it is really a matter of wanting to do and doing after gathering every tip I have ever heard from those smarter than me.

RGone...

Just like 7 hours ago this X2 would not even load windows at 2780mhz but I am typing to you right now at 2900mhz with it. In a few days I will likely have it prime stable at 2850 or so and run it daily around 2800mhz. So it is really a matter of wanting to do and doing after gathering every tip I have ever heard from those smarter than me.

Like that, I'm also seeing pretty nice results here in our local forums with this board. If you can get it work, it's just fine.

I have asked for 11 major changes to the board and I think they are very close on 6 of them or 7 as I would have to go look again.

You are talking about changes to the BIOS, and not to the MB itself, right ?

Hey guys, little problem here. Just got my 939 NF3, and upon completing the install, I noticed Its detecting my 2x512mb of HyperX PC4000 as 512mb total. If I remove 1 stick, it only detects it as 256mb. Ive tried each stick seperatly, and it detects both 1 at a time. Also, no luck using 1+3 or 1+2 slots.

Any bios settings to check? What else might be wrong? Thanks!!