NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. so if it happens again i leave it on, push reset then it should be fixed? is that correct?

I think it's way too pre-mature to even throw the word "cold" and "boot" together in a sentence with regard to this motherboard/thread.........

If you haven't done any testing on your memory to this point I suggest you do so so you have a better understanding of what "may" be happening...

This right here is THE information I need to be able to send to engineers in Taiwan. OCZ powerstream 520W

The name and model and rating of power supply.

Thank you.

RGone...

Nothing RGon.

I only help other people that i have the same problem that i have.

It's hard for me reading all the rules becouse i'm italian and i don't read english very well.

Bye

I think it's way too pre-mature to even throw the word "cold" and "boot" together in a sentence with regard to this motherboard/thread.........

If you haven't done any testing on your memory to this point I suggest you do so so you have a better understanding of what "may" be happening...

Me and other people having the same problem. The sistem not boot first time, only push reset botton and go.

When the system is on all the think are ok (restart).

In all the test i run memtest for one hour, error free.

1st off thanks OldGuy for testing the memory saved me a few bucks on trying the exact same memory's you were talking about.

Deffinitely 1T is a issue here and it is not limmited to just the TCCD memory (IMO)

235x11=2585 / 235x4x2=1880 is what i'm staying at right now, boots and runs flawless, for some reason my board only likes multiplier of 11 or 12 and HTT at 4 or 5 anything lower i get bsod constantly.

Was there a question about OCZ Power Supplys???? I'm using the OCZ Powerstream 600W ,all good here. Thanks Scott (PS Concert update TELSA was AWESOME, Def Leppard Not as Good :( lol

I just experienced this could be "cold boot" type thing as well the last couple days and was just coming to report about it and here I find other people with the same problem :)

I thought my 2 fans on top of my case for my heatercore were taking too much power or something (they are 2 120mm fans that take about 10.6w each that are running on the same channel of my fan controller which is rated at 20w.....2x10.6 = 21.2 :X)

When I first go to power it up....the chipset fan makes a horrid noise like someone is sticking a pencil in the fan blades.....then I powered it off......and upon powering back up the chipset doesn't make the same noise and all is fine......it's like the board and everything with it, isn't getting enough power or something the first time around.

I've edited my sig per the guide AG wrote so I hope it's detailed enough to the point if someone thinks it's something other than the same thing everyone else is experiencing....this just started happening yesterday and again happened this morning.

Regarding TCCD - the only problems I'm having is simply not being able to run 1T at all, other than that the system enjoys it just fine. I'm seeing GIASAN with his 3200+ up at 2.7GHz and mines currently being limited around 2.6GHz I can boot into windows but fails prime95 within 15 minutes and that was using 1.50 + .5 :(

I'm hoping that it's part because of the volts and whatnot being a little wacky and part of it being a brand new CPU only days old so it hasn't had burn in time.....guess we'll see huh.

When I first go to power it up....the chipset fan makes a horrid noise like someone is sticking a pencil in the fan blades.....then I powered it off......and upon powering back up the chipset doesn't make the same noise and all is fine......it's like the board and everything with it, isn't getting enough power or something the first time around.

LOL!!!! What's required for that lil screamin monkey is that you actually do poke it with a pencil... seriously :P Scared the . out of me when I put some new memory in and fired it up! Either using your fingertip (not highly recommended) or the end of a pencil or pen just touch the center of the fan very lightly and it seems to re-balance it self...Sometimes requires a few pokes ;)

I heard from the Intornet that the fan is a hybrid japanese-martian anti-fluxuator, and it runs on cyborgatronic magnetic drive chamber, so instead of poking itwith a pencil, it has to be unscrewed and screwed back on to a modified Socket A cooler then put back on the northbridge with some AS5 and epoxy. I might be wrong.

i wouldnt buy anything until we can get a bios to fix these initial issues...pointless to try and go any further until initial issues are resolved, then we can move on from there.

let me clarify as ive had some pm's about this...

i meant (and should have specified)

do not buy any new memory or anything else at this time to try and get different results. wait until we get a bios update that corrects the things that we have seen so far. Since a bios update is being worked on, don't bother spending any additional money because what you have will work when the bios is updated.

part of the length of time is that we have convinced DFI to try and 'unify' the looks the of the bios...that way when you move from NF2 to NF3 to NF4 etc, the Genie BIOS and other areas are pretty similar.

some bioses/boards might have different options, but we really want all of them to look similar. This helps us because we know each bios and how it is structured, and can work across platforms without even looking at the specific board to give a lot of answers.

this also helps you guys when you are helping others so that a guy with an NF4 can see a problem that the NF3 754 user is having and and know that the bioses are structured similar so most of the time one answer on the NF4 platform will work on the NF3. And if it doesn't, at least you can suggest something or point out something (like memory timings in the DRAM section...if all of them have Trrd and Tras in the same place etc, one set of settings is good starting point for another user even if he is on NF4 and you are on NF3)

I can't guarantee that the NF3 939 bios WILL be same as the NF3 754/NF4 bioses in looks and function, but that is our goal and that is why it might take a little longer to issue an update. It is better to try and do it now instead of months down the road and you have to relearn the new structure all over again (and might have to end up reloading windows after flashing to a new unified structure!).

hopefully that all made sense!

when a new bios comes out that we put out to you users, then you'll see things working that might not be working now. If you go out and buy $200 worth of new memory or whatever other part because something isn't working right for you at this moment, then we release a BIOS and your original works better than the new $200 stuff.,..thats $200 you didn't have to spend and now you got to get rid of it (or eat the $200 cost etc).

make sense? ;)

let me clarify as ive had some pm's about this...

i meant (and should have specified)

do not buy any new memory or anything else at this time to try and get different results. wait until we get a bios update that corrects the things that we have seen so far. Since a bios update is being worked on, don't bother spending any additional money because what you have will work when the bios is updated.

part of the length of time is that we have convinced DFI to try and 'unify' the looks the of the bios...that way when you move from NF2 to NF3 to NF4 etc, the Genie BIOS and other areas are pretty similar.

some bioses/boards might have different options, but we really want all of them to look similar. This helps us because we know each bios and how it is structured, and can work across platforms without even looking at the specific board to give a lot of answers.

this also helps you guys when you are helping others so that a guy with an NF4 can see a problem that the NF3 754 user is having and and know that the bioses are structured similar so most of the time one answer on the NF4 platform will work on the NF3. And if it doesn't, at least you can suggest something or point out something (like memory timings in the DRAM section...if all of them have Trrd and Tras in the same place etc, one set of settings is good starting point for another user even if he is on NF4 and you are on NF3)

I can't guarantee that the NF3 939 bios WILL be same as the NF3 754/NF4 bioses in looks and function, but that is our goal and that is why it might take a little longer to issue an update. It is better to try and do it now instead of months down the road and you have to relearn the new structure all over again (and might have to end up reloading windows after flashing to a new unified structure!).

hopefully that all made sense!

when a new bios comes out that we put out to you users, then you'll see things working that might not be working now. If you go out and buy $200 worth of new memory or whatever other part because something isn't working right for you at this moment, then we release a BIOS and your original works better than the new $200 stuff.,..thats $200 you didn't have to spend and now you got to get rid of it (or eat the $200 cost etc).

make sense? ;)

AG & RGone,

Thanks for all the good work.

Thanks for lookin out AG...I've been on a memory buying and test binge these past few days but more for having plenty of different flavors around than anything else.

A unified bios you say? That would be a welcome arrival. Kinda of a shock just going from the NF3 754 to the NF3 939...what werrrrrrrre those boys thinkin :confused: :D

Oh well, it's all good. Everything is there just took a lil gettin used to....

LOL!!!! What's required for that lil screamin monkey is that you actually do poke it with a pencil... seriously Scared the . out of me when I put some new memory in and fired it up! Either using your fingertip (not highly recommended) or the end of a pencil or pen just touch the center of the fan very lightly and it seems to re-balance it self...Sometimes requires a few pokes
lol funny you mention that because I did do just that :P I took the end of a BIC pen and was poking it in the middle and I guess it helped a little because I don't hear the same sound today

(and might have to end up reloading windows after flashing to a new unified structure!).
Whoa....there are instances where you'd have to reload windows cause of the BIOS being edited that much? Crazy