NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally agree with you, but this is not the case of new technology that comes out..it's a technology 1 year old and DFI is showing the same troubles that MSI and others manifacturers had 1 year ago

Well yeah, I guess they didn't test it at all...you can't miss those things that you come across.....bit of a shame actually...big player like DFI throwing a mobo on the market like that.....:cool:

Guys!

Is see this masaage for a split second at boot up.

WARNING: Have Option ROM can not be invoke... or something like that

what does that meen?

Probably means yer tryin to run it at 1T :P Windows is just plain not havin any of the 1T so far on my rig. 2.6g's X 2T stable OCCT...2.4g's X 1T = instant failure (if yer lucky enough to get into windows)...

Can't rely on Central Brain Identifier or A64 tweaker for checking tref. Manually setting at 200 3.9us in bios results in 200 15.6us in Windows using A64 tweaker. Setting 200 7.8us in bios results in 133 7.8us in Windows. Setting it to auto results in 200 3.9us in A64 tweaker and 200 7.8us in CBID...So for now I'm just gonna rely on auto for tref :confused:

I think they tuned the bios to get dual channel stable in 2T :D Time to go back to dual and see how high she goes...

I have removed the stock NB fan and replaced with the Zalman ZM-NB47J.

How close to the 6800GT does it get ?

Not sure where you guys are getting this "year old" stuff from.

The 939 chips were released to the market a year ago.

These 939 AGP boards are fairly new to the market.

I generally agree with you, but this is not the case of new technology that comes out..it's a technology 1 year old and DFI is showing the same troubles that MSI and others manifacturers had 1 year ago

How close to the 6800GT does it get ?

It's got breathing room, but not much. I don't have stock cooling, but it looks like any cooler that covers the core and the ram would get in the way. I have a maze4 acetal and bga ramsinks and there's about a 1/2" gap between the zalman and the ramsinks, and a 1/2" on the left between the zalman and the maze4.

I snapped a shot of it : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/darkisz23/zalman.jpg

It's more room than I had with my neo2...

Memory Hole for PCI MMIP = ????

DDR Output Driving= No Clue I cannot find anything on the web about it :(

Memory DQ Drive Strength =???

RAS to RAS Delay = Row to Row Delay(also called RAS to RAS delay)(tRRD) on DFI nForce3 (socket754) my patriot used 7, in this bios it's auto which according to my A64 tweaker shows 2 next choice is 8 and up, need 7 in Ultra-D bios

[DRAM]

Tcl=1

Trc=4

Trfc=5

Trcd=3

Trrd=2

Tras=6

Trp=3

Twr=0

Twtr=1

Trtw=1

Tref=11

ReadWriteQueueBypass=2

ControllerMode=1

ECCMode=0

BypassMax=4

TwoTTiming=1

MaxAsyncLatency=7

ReadPreamble=7

IdleCycleLimit=4

DynamicIdleCycleCounter=1

MEMCLKFrequency=7

MEMCLK0=1

MEMCLK1=1

MEMCLK2=1

MEMCLK3=1

Ahh, finally got mine up and running after hours of worrying and leak testing :D

Not that this is anything spectacular, but yeah, thus far I've had no problems installing SATA drivers, and getting windows setup...I still gotta do some windows updates and all that crap, and get my necessary programs installed and then I will be able to start messing around with this board a little bit in terms of OC'ing and see just how finicky it is....I will definitely be reporting back on my troubles, but for now everything is working like it should and hell it even booted up first try, that almost never happens for me lol

Oh yeah, I'm using a 3200+ venice, and as my sig says 1gb of Patriot PC3200XBL.....running dual channel, but as most here it's defaulting to 2T

CPU-Z isn't reporting the code name or technology and it's also showing 1.28v like many others

EDIT: Speedfan is reporting mighty strange numbers, I believe temp issues is also a common problem that many have already come across.....

Temp2, 3 or local has to be my CPU, but yeah as you can see temp 1 is reporting 70C