NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think turning off fastwrites will give better performance. It will greatly increase (at least in my case) the stability and overclockablility of your system if you have any 6800 card. Turning off fastwrites let me stabily oc my 6800 Gt to 410mhz/1.1ghz when i couldn't oc it at all before. And it helped me get my current system oc (260 X 10 w/1.66 divider 2.5-4-4-7 1T)

The reason I ask is because the more I overclock my current system(CPU). I have to lessen the overclock on my 6800Gt to keep it (CPU) stable.

So if I turn Fast writes off I may beable to overclock my CPU and 6800GT more???

Current stable (OCCT) IS -

CPU - 2.73

GFX - 380 X 1.02

You guys are lucky, my 6800GT used to freeze up for 5-20 seconds at a time every 4-5 minutes. I tried turning off fastwrites modding the bios different psu's nothing seemed to help not even underclocking it. So I eventually sold the card to my buddy and got an X800XT PE.

Any of you guys running SATA drives in conjuction with a 6800?

This thread still goin? :nod: hehehe

I see there has been no posts in regards to Opteron performance or issues on the NF3. I will have a 150 on Monday or Tuesday so if any1 is interested in some results I will post some up.

This thread still goin? :nod: hehehe

I see there has been no posts in regards to Opteron performance or issues on the NF3. I will have a 150 on Monday or Tuesday so if any1 is interested in some results I will post some up.

I am, I'll be getting mine next month so please post some results so I know what to expect.

I got an Opteron 148 this week. It works with this board pretty much on par as my Venice did - no issues solved, no new issues created. I haven't tried 824 yet, but might get to it tomorrow. I'm still testing different configurations, so I can't change BIOS yet as that would mess up my comparisons. I should have some results up at the thread in my sig later today. If there is anything in particular you want to see, let me know. Also, it seems like not many here have Opterons. In an effort to keep information consolodated, it would be nice for other Opteron owners if you could post your info there when yours comes in.

The inability to exceed ~275 1T on this board is killing me right now. I have thie distinct sense that I would do better with another chipset, but I think I am going to wait to find out how the Crossfire boards overclock before committing to nF4. If you get an Opteron, you will need to think seriously about which one to choose with nF3. A 144 with a max x9 multiplier might not work well with the nF3 board.

I got an Opteron 148 this week. It works with this board pretty much on par as my Venice did - no issues solved, no new issues created. I haven't tried 824 yet, but might get to it tomorrow. I'm still testing different configurations, so I can't change BIOS yet as that would mess up my comparisons. I should have some results up at the thread in my sig later today. If there is anything in particular you want to see, let me know. Also, it seems like not many here have Opterons. In an effort to keep information consolodated, it would be nice for other Opteron owners if you could post your info there when yours comes in.

The inability to exceed ~275 1T on this board is killing me right now. I have thie distinct sense that I would do better with another chipset, but I think I am going to wait to find out how the Crossfire boards overclock before committing to nF4. If you get an Opteron, you will need to think seriously about which one to choose with nF3. A 144 with a max x9 multiplier might not work well with the nF3 board.

Just isolating on something you said about 1T and 275 fsb and looking at the mem

in your sig - G.Skill. "FF". What is FF, is it better than LE? I'm lost in the response

and can't remember if FF is 1g sticks or 256m sticks. G.Skill has a top of the line

batch beyond LE, forgort (damn it may be FF, probably is). If so, that is some

expensive ram, and top of the line....... yep, thing thems the ones!

But, don't remember them claiming 1T above 275. But don't know they publish

cpc with timings. Have you tried anything above 2,2,2,5 @ 1T @ > 275?

I don't think this is a cpu issue though.

I would imagine that 2x512 FF would take you to 330- 350 @ 2T @ 3,4,4,8.

This whole "hand picked" thing sounds like a grocer hovering over tomatoes...

Who can eat a bunch of tomatoes?

Jeez, I have to take a break. Lemme see now, on the dfi nf4's I can do HIGHER

tccd timings because they have pre-loaded tccd timings in their bios (-3). NOT so

with their nf3 board. Take your excelent ram (and I wish they were mine) to

a "dfi nf4 board" (has to be dfi because of their romsips) and see how the 1T performs.

This nf3 board is a pice of ...... anybody would like to have.

From the G.Skill website:

G.Skill F1-4800DSU-1GBFF equips with Samsung well known ultra performance memory chip, TCCD. It guarantees DDR550 2.5-3-3-7 1T and DDR600 2.5-4-4-8 1T in 2.7~2.9V, if you use DFI LANParty nF4 series motherboards, including LANParty UT nF4 series.
Obviously the guarantee does not apply here! But I wanted to get a pair before they vanished. I won't really be able to take advantage until my next board.

From the G.Skill website:Obviously the guarantee does not apply here! But I wanted to get a pair before they vanished. I won't really be able to take advantage until my next board.

Yeah, those the ones. I "almost" bought them, but the Pats were half the price

and half the worries. Notice the "dfi nf4's" ? Because of the default romsips.

Amazing ddr600 claim at 1T. Talk about "hand picked tomatas"......

edit: Damn, just looked ddr600 @ 2.5 @1T, ... anybody got paper? The shitstain

extended out the door... Awsome, I would imgaine these would not be sold

anymore, just like the shortage of gas refinereies. 3% less gas consumption by

the US this year as compared to last. Result: double prices, these stupid US

consumers wont know the difference. I say to the big 3 oil companies: Your

sucking oil out of MY land and charging me for it!!! For all you "northern" US

patrons this winter, I say as a matter of protest you "DO NOT" use any gas

this winter, as an alternative I recommend you buy WOOD, burn it, and sleep

on your patios for 1 week. For all you gas consumers, I recommend you, in a

syncronized fashion, call in sick the same day, 1 day is all it takes, but it has to

be done by ALL on the same day.

Lets see what the consequences would be:

Oil drops to $20 a barrel from $65, in 1 day (gas goes to 95 cents/gal).

Natural gas (propane, ht oil, etc..) drops by 2/3 in 1 day !! Think about it.

One last gas/oil/heat question....... Since you wer born, did you ever stand in a

long line for gas because there wasn't any?????

If you answer yes, you better be ready for a 65 yro guy with a 170 iq (ny neighbor).......

They "can" vanish ..... If that don't get yer blood boiling as to their performance,

I don't know what does! Fabulous, beyond compare. I mean afterall why wouldn't

you want these babies? I drooled everyday at the egg at them, but lo an behold

......... f*King GONE? Whas up, why????

edit: you know I guess the only thing that will piss off can't change my 20/mgp

hog, gouged by the complete oil to gas wholesale/retail chain, americans, is not

gas prices (up 100% in 1 year), but will be the draft, that kills and mames many

visitors here and all the mons and dads (like me, who my 15/17 yrold's) will face

the "draft" next year as re-enlist milestone is here and forces won't rehabilitate

%40 (> 3 tours). That means the 20 year US installment (road side ambush/bomb )

will come from the aiti-war 18-25 yrold in the form of a draft.

Remember, you are in Iraq to protect the f*King OIL so americans can pay

$6.00/gal next summer and be dammed glad they can, thanks to you draftees....

defenders of American freedom and Bush security!! As to all the other dictators

in the world, well....... Let this be a lesson to you !!!! We don't take kindly to

dictators!! Hell, only 49 more to F*kIng go man, enough for 2000 years of wars,

installing democracies, etc...

I think its just plain cheaper to: NUKE THE F*KING HELL OUT OF THE ENTIRE

WORLD AND START OVER, as George Carlin says "plant eaters"....

Remember, a single nuke "vaporizes" a 30 mile radius instantly. Structual damage

after that. The US has 26,000 of these NUKES. Russia has 20,000. Enough

to "vaporize" the face of the earth well over 20 times.

But I still say NUKE em all, nuke terrorist, nuke them in every country

their in. One or two examples will suffice. The countries would raid those camps

(ie: Phillopines) so F*King fast you won't believe it. If your going to be the country

that is the BEAST, then f*KING do it without regrets. Consider it wiping out a

plague. Thats my opinion, it may not be yours.

BTW, I'm a democrat that is intollerent to 3rd world terror threats. I have a

definate plan, use NUKES heavily and see if that doesent "lower" the terror

alerts in the us. Remember, I can't stand republicans, but I can tell u this,

any 3rd world F*cks with America, if I were presedent the country be radioactive

vapor as soon as I snapped my fingers, which I would do immediatly........

Comprende?

I'm sorry guys.... Rodan - AMERICAN and proud of it !!!!!!!!!!