NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I wouldn't get the 6800GT if I were you. There is a known issue with the 6800's and the NF3 chipset. If your planning on keeping your current setup then you should go with an X800 series card. My 6800GT would not play nice with any NF3 mother board. It's working great for my buddy though, he has a via chipset motherboard. :confused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Old Guy! is this the chipset fan you used to replace the stock one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835110103

and is the ATI Silencer Rev 2 you used like this one?

Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5 (Rev 2)

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556035527.html

is it compatible with ATi X800XT AIW?

thanx

Those are them :D Don't know about the AIW compatibility though...

HAS anyone had problems with a 6800GT working on the NF3 Ultra D? I'm considering getting one agp version as my final upgrade for a very very very long time.

My EVGA nVidia 6800GT has been working fine. I have AGP fastwrites turned off in BIOS.

My machine is running at stock speeds so I have no idea how overclocking would impact performance.

Specs are shown below . . . . . .

I wouldn't get the 6800GT if I were you. There is a known issue with the 6800's and the NF3 chipset. If your planning on keeping your current setup then you should go with an X800 series card. My 6800GT would not play nice with any NF3 mother board. It's working great for my buddy though, he has a via chipset motherboard. :confused:

Other than having to turn off fast rights, this board works fine with 6800 series cards. Honestly though it doesnt seem to be much if any performance loss from doing this. Bencmarks and games are faster than my last board with FW on, so I aint complaining.