NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread falls so fast to page 2 it isn't even funny anymore.... *sigh

Probably because after over 300 pages all the little issues encountered with a new board have been ironed out, and the questions being answered are pretty general, usually answered by reading a stickied thread :rolleyes:

All the issues are definately not ironed out. This motherboard has been out for less than 2 months now? Im patiently waiting for a straight up official non-slouched bios. The board still runs mean at stock speeds. :)

All the issues are definately not ironed out. This motherboard has been out for less than 2 months now? Im patiently waiting for a straight up official non-slouched bios. The board still runs mean at stock speeds

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest bobyjo

Some of the original problems have been resolved.

Needless to say there are other problems as new bios files come down.

Just remember the 8/15 bios is a beta bios and definately not final.

This is what beta is all about, the writers place the file out for a bunch of persons to use it and report what the negatives and positives are with that bios.

As time goes along, they will release the good release of that bios.

Then you can have something that has been tested, abused, cussed at, formatted and rewritten lots of times etc.

By the time it is official all of us will have had thier turn with it.

What better place to test it than right here, with some that honestly want to test it and write down thier findings, then others that do a lot of cursing and going back and forth etc.

Very urgent question!!!!

I am 'trying' to set up winxp on a sata raid on this mboard.. the disk that came with mboard was corrupt, I downloaded the nforce raiddrive from dfi, made the floppy, when winxp starts i press f6 and then select both raid drivers to be supported, I can see a partition on each raptor, I repartitioned, but I'm failing to see how to get windows to recognise it's a raid (striped) array and to install on the 72gig partition. How do I go about making the array and then installing winxp as usual? I own an socketA raid board and never had this problem!!! I have the drives in sata 3 and 4 as those are the locked sata ports yeah?

Hmm this board has so far been quite quirky.. somebody, somewhere please put me out of my misery, I'm willing to bet it's some randomly small option in the bios I've missed.

Ty in advance

Very urgent question!!!!

I am 'trying' to set up winxp on a sata raid on this mboard.. the disk that came with mboard was corrupt, I downloaded the nforce raiddrive from dfi, made the floppy, when winxp starts i press f6 and then select both raid drivers to be supported, I can see a partition on each raptor, I repartitioned, but I'm failing to see how to get windows to recognise it's a raid (striped) array and to install on the 72gig partition. How do I go about making the array and then installing winxp as usual? I own an socketA raid board and never had this problem!!! I have the drives in sata 3 and 4 as those are the locked sata ports yeah?

Hmm this board has so far been quite quirky.. somebody, somewhere please put me out of my misery, I'm willing to bet it's some randomly small option in the bios I've missed.

Ty in advance

Enable raid in the bios. Save and exit. F10 at raid setup screen. Set type of array, size and drives. Clear data. Enable as boot. Save and exit. Make sure boot device is correct in bios (should show nvidia raid)...Should be able to install OS now...

Not the best how to but I'm at work :D

Guest bobyjo

You need to enable SATA raid in the bios screen. If you have SATA2 drives be sure to enable that feature also. In boot order, set the raid array as 1st boot device.

When you boot your machine you will see a screen (black with white printing etc) telling you to press F10 to enter raid bios.

Here you will setup the specs you want in the raid array. After you get everything setup the way you want it. Save and exit, now everytime you boot you will see this same screen showing the raid array as healthy (at least that is what you should see).

Now you can setup your partitions. Then format those partitions, then install your OS in the boot partition.

I usually make a 30gb partition for the OS, and leave the rest of the raid array for data, games and programs etc.

Guest bobyjo

Yea, the bios with this board is somewhat complex compared to the socket A board.

You will get used to it and become very proficient with it before long.

Hey guys, it's been a long 100-something pages since I've posted. I'm glad to see that there's still people here trying to hammer out all the issues this board has. Not sure if this should be posted here, but I've run into a new problem with this board.

Recently added another pair of Mushkin L2V2 with the original set. All 4 have the same SPD programming and are same TCCDs. Memtest86+ runs these fine all day at DDR400 defaults no problems, but once I hit Windows it'll lock or BSOD. Installing a fresh copy is a chore. What gives? CMD is 2T, of course. Also tried Kakaroto's setting's over at XtremeSys without avail. Stumped... TIA!